Cheap NV

I’d go with a Pard DS35. They are $360 right now.

I use a NV008S, they are currently $420. I did the clip on for some time. I prefer a dedicated optic and rifle for my night pesting.

View attachment 431900
This is a really nice looking setup

The Pard unit arrived yesterday, pretty nice, easy to mount and use. The couple shots I took last night were right on, justsome wine corks at about 20 yards.

What I wasn’t crazy about was how far forward I had to move the scope to get a decent eye relief. It’s just barely enough, so I’m not sure if I’ll keep it. Might be better on a regular rifle, but not so much on a bull pup...🤨
72876861056__D1313015-68FF-4248-ADFD-5E86BD5FEA7F.jpeg

The Pard unit arrived yesterday, pretty nice, easy to mount and use. The couple shots I took last night were right on, justsome wine corks at about 20 yards.

What I wasn’t crazy about was how far forward I had to move the scope to get a decent eye relief. It’s just barely enough, so I’m not sure if I’ll keep it. Might be better on a regular rifle, but not so much on a bull pup...🤨View attachment 432501
It was good as a dedicated optic for night, but I got upset when I wanted to shoot without the unit during the day. The scope was way too forward.
Been there, done that, have a dedicated no scope now.

Im interested in the DS35 for some night hunting with a M60B.

How important is the LRF? I shoot primarily the same places every time at known ranges....thinking not a big deal for me?
It wasn’t worth it for me. I know the distances on my property. And I’m not using it anywhere else in the foreseeable future.

Reactions: WIndOnYerGrape
It wasn’t worth it for me. I know the distances on my property. And I’m not using it anywhere else in the foreseeable future.
Thanks for the reply. Makes sense. They no longer have the no ir no rf option. If I get the model with IR only, can I take it off the scope? Thanks for the help! (On the DS35)

Last edited:
Few days ago I received a Wanney da/night digital scope with range finder, I'm very happy with it so far, here it is

at 370 yards at the telephone poll with the capacitator by the built in range finder and has one more Magnification. setting. Next,, is to get it zeroed.
Just bought a cheaper NV. Wanney digital day/night vison scope with range finder ( NVE- E53A). I have had a ATN X-Sight 4K Pro 3-14x Smart Day/Night Rifle Scope and this thing outperforms it completely so far. Mounted on AEA Challenger 357 big bore.

View attachment 431869

View attachment 431871

View attachment 431875

Last edited: