Cheap compressor sanity check

OK, when something looks too good to be true, it usually is, but, will someone tell me what's wrong with this?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Electric-Air-Pump-High-Pressure-30Mpa-Electric-Compressor-Pump-PCP-Equipment-USA/153076920831?hash=item23a41871ff:g:bwwAAOSwCmFbMwCt

It's a cheap Yong Heng knockoff for $50 and $58 shipping. Total, $108.00. That's less than a Benjamin hand pump.

Opinions please????? Is it too good to be true? Seller has over 11,000 sales, though only 98.5% approval.

I'm so confused!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

There are other sellers offering the compressor at similar price :

https://www.ebay.com/itm/110V-High-Pressure-Air-Pump-Electric-PCP-Compressor-Airgun-Scuba-Rifle-30MPA-USA/123215515214?epid=7006828341&hash=item1cb0378e4e:g:awEAAOSwWV9bMwC6

https://www.ebay.com/itm/30MPa-Air-Compressor-Pump-110V-PCP-Electric-300BAR-High-Pressure-System-Rifle-US/113107214513?epid=26006822488&hash=item1a55b720b1:g:qnAAAOSwo8pbMwCx

The cheapest compressor of this kind I can find in on-line shops in China costs $75 ( My genuine Yong Heng full-feature model is $153 ) . That's China where the profit is always razor thin. A US vendor can do so much cheaper ? Its just impossible but if you can return it with full refund ( including shipping cost ). Why not give it a try ? I will be interested in seeing a report. 

Salt, you get what you pay for. A compressor for airgun use needs to deliver moisture-free, particulate-free air; in other words, breathing air. The last thing you want in the guts of your gun is moisture and grit. You can bet your bottom dollar that this gem of a find of yours delivers neither.

If you are not into the tank and dive shop thang, there are many affordable rigs for home use. The Omega Air Charger with a Diablo Air Dryer and a decent particulate removal system shouldn't set you back any more than $2K. Now, that sounds like a lot, but when you're talking about protecting an investment like a high-end adult airgun, the long-term benefits are well worth it. It's an up-front purchase that will reap dividends for many years if you take care of it. (Just think of it as buying a couple more nice airguns; or one really nice one!)

I just checked. It's now $200 and the other links have been changed as well. One is $250. Somebody, probably in China must have misread their abacus. If they make a mistake like that, they should honour any orders that are accepted before the mistake is realised or at least offer you a substantial discount. It did sound a little too good to be legit.

I havee to wait 7 days before I drop a negative review on them for not honouring their own advertisement.. I set a reminder on the calendar.

Their email said " so sorry, too many quality complaint to sell this unit. Please wait and order again when we have better QC... The insult comes from the 400% price increase that is available right now. I really hate being lied to. Had they admitted their mistake I would have not problem. They tried to save face with a bald assed lie. I will be sure to leave them a black mark for that.

I havee to wait 7 days before I drop a negative review on them for not honouring their own advertisement.. I set a reminder on the calendar.

Their email said " so sorry, too many quality complaint to sell this unit. Please wait and order again when we have better QC... The insult comes from the 400% price increase that is available right now. I really hate being lied to. Had they admitted their mistake I would have not problem. They tried to save face with a bald assed lie. I will be sure to leave them a black mark for that.

Very honest seller. Why complain ? Should give a five star instead. 

Very honest seller. Why complain ? Should give a five star instead.

Very confused by your statement that they are very honest.

1) They listed a compressor for sale for lower than they meant to

2) Someone bought it at that price

3) They canceled the sale and said the product was not good enough to sell due to problems.

4) They relisted it for 4 times the amount immediately. 

How is that honest? How does that deserve 5 stars?

Reactions: JimNM
I am a happy Yong Heng clone owner, which I bought on eBay in June for $195.99. Yes it was a bait and switch, but to avoid the hassle of returning I gave it a try. I use it only for direct fill of my three PCPs. All three are regulated tube type guns. In the tuning process I have had the reg out of all three numerous times without a hint of moisture. I only use the supplied filter, which I change after each use. I change the oil often. If my clone quits tomorrow I will order another.

The key to dry air is to purge, and purge often. These compressors have two mini condensate towers one on the low side and one on the high. On these and any other HPA compressor the condensate towers are designed to remove over 98% of the water from the compression cycle. Filters, any filters are only expected to remove only minute quantity's of the remaining moisture. Check this out: www.scubaengineer.com/high_pressure_compressor_filtrat.htm

Reactions: chohan
OK, I feel better now. Too good to be true is really too good to be true. It was late last night when I saw that and I was just too fogged to figure it out.

Mistakes happen, looks like the vendor did just screw up the add. Nothing lost. I wish I did have $2000 to buy a nice compressor, but right now, I'm using a paintball shop with air coming from a compressor that I don't know anything about. Some days they have pressure, some days they don't, so I'd like a more reliable source of air.

There's no way I'd use this compressor for breathing air, same for the paintball shop. I hope their air is dry and clean but have no way of knowing. Tom from Field Target Tech had very bad experiences with paintball shops, but they are my only fill station for the moment. I'd rather have a cheap compressor I know than keep using air I'm just not sure of.

Considering a good Hill hand pump is in the $200 range, I'll probably buy one of these, just not the $50 model since it really doesn't exist.

Good conversation all! Thank you!