• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Cheap but reliable/efficient squirrel ender?

I wanted a .22 cal spring pistol and purchased a Hatsan Supercharger in 22 cal (spring version). It shoots H&N Baracuda Green labeled 12.95 grain lead free pellets at 520-525 fps according to my chronograph, very accurate too at 10 yards open sighted. I’ve seen them new for $99, $119, $129 and $159. I actually had two and sold one, they both preformed equally and I didn’t have any issues with them. It hit harder than my Beeman P1 in .20/22 at the time.

Hi

Any airgun that you can find in classifieds of first brands, kalibr, AGT, Edgun, Fx, Daystate, Taipan ...

Regards 

Enkey

Are you talking pistols, Enkey? As far as I know those guys don't even make pistols outside Edgun, and Edgun is too much money for point blank range.

Sorry to translate wrong

Daystate competa

Edgun veles

Kalibr Ocelot

Fx Ranchero

I ordered the Beeman P17. As enticing as the others were -- and I probably will get that SPA 750 sometime -- all I need is a one-shot close-up killing machine for now. No scope, not really a gun for fun, just an unglamorous single-purpose mercy machine. Thanks for the suggestion.

I am going to put the price differential toward a chrony so I can better understand what I already have.

Diana Bandit in .177 does the job for me 

00C09F61-5690-463B-8D05-4AB91A98D4B3.1601394489.jpeg

978D93A0-29E0-496D-BB91-F1A690DA245A.1601410768.jpeg

Mine....Moded the internals to knock on the door of 520 FPS with most 8 grainers....2 stage hair trigger, special recoil damper.

No worries regarding pump numbers, Co2 weather effects, or power curves. 

Sure, It would probably simpler to just go with a stock HW45 but I like a challenge and liked the looks.

I have played with a P17 (well a HW40 in my case.) Tried running a .22 barrel in it but all the way to the true muzzle (8.25 inches long) instead of stopping short of the muzzle like the stock barrel (6.7 inches long) and got a decent 375 FPS for one simple stroke.

My 750 is not inaccurate, it's just not as accurate as my 700s. When I receive my other 750 then I can determine for sure which model is more accurate for sure or if I got 2 out of 2 consecutive lemons. Well not lemons just sub par shooters. What do you expect they are Chinese.

Still waiting for my 750 so I got my 700 back from my buddy and boy do I like that little gun. Messed around with the tune to 12 FPE and probably around 11 FPE when I switch to .177 caliber. PP700 is seriously good and simple, you can tune it up to 15-20 FPE really easy and with .22 hades or poly mag it will destroy any squirrel there. 750 is might be more of OP’s thing since it’s multi shot. 

I'm the OP and not entirely committed to multi-shot cuz I just got a Beeman P17 single shot pump on the way. My question was reliable/efficient squirrel ender PISTOL. Point blank. I should have said cheap but my brain dead thought it was implied, my bad. 

I only wanted multi-shot to not delay the squirrel's death while I possibly pummeled him cruelly and ineffectively. A single-shot that will do that the right way is fine.

I will probably be getting the 750 with the Veradium tune eventually. It sounds like almost a no-brainer. Meanwhile, I hope I have fun with my P17 and enjoy hunting, plinking, and targeting with what I've got.

How fast does the C02 run out of something like that? I mean, can it sit around for a few days or a week or two once punctured?

I've left a CO2 cartridge in my Crosman Vigilante for 3 1/2 months with no loss if gas. The key is, I believe, to put a drop of Pellgun Oil on the tip of each cylinder as you replace them. That keeps everything lubed and flexible so it don't dry out, get hard, and crack.

I'm the OP and not entirely committed to multi-shot cuz I just got a Beeman P17 single shot pump on the way. My question was reliable/efficient squirrel ender PISTOL. Point blank. I should have said cheap but my brain dead thought it was implied, my bad. 

I only wanted multi-shot to not delay the squirrel's death while I possibly pummeled him cruelly and ineffectively. A single-shot that will do that the right way is fine.

I will probably be getting the 750 with the Veradium tune eventually. It sounds like almost a no-brainer. Meanwhile, I hope I have fun with my P17 and enjoy hunting, plinking, and targeting with what I've got.

for the money either 700 or the 750 will be really hard to beat!!! Most other pistol At that price range will shoot a groups of dinner plate at 20 and both of them can shoot a quarter easy! If for point blank purpose then I say 750 just because of multi shot and it’s really in the same price range. With the tune it’s still under 300 dollars. But PP700 doesn’t need a tune and can be had to your door for 250ish.