• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Cheap 22 SLUGS!!!

Yo

Mar 26, 2020
Hi
Well Special Ed class finished early so I decided to go check out the good ol gun shop. WOW Aguila 22 Rimfire 30gr on sale for 99 CENTS per box of 50. What do I need to do to make them work in a 22 PCP assuming these are (wild guess) .222 or. 223? Have anyone tried to do what I'm curious to do? Yo!

You cant used .22lr as a airgun slug. Even thought they are both .22 cal. They are not the same size. Airgun is .217-.218 and .22lr are actually. 223-.225. .22lr are cheaper to shoot since .22lr ammo are pretty cheap compare to .22 slugs. So if you really need to shoot .22lr ammo, why not just buy a .22lr rifle? Most. 22lr rifle are $150-300. Way cheaper than airgun rifle at $600-2000. 

Yo, I like the way you think!

There was a Youtube member from over in the UK, and he did exactly that.. 
He wanted to see how .22LR 'slugs' would work out of his air rifles. I think he used a break barrel springer.. 

As mentioned, "it won't work". As far as un-modified.
The same goes for the tip out of a .223 and I think he tried .556 or something like that also.

He made it work though. It was funny.. He used inert / dummy rounds.. Pulled out / cut out the tips, 
then spun them against a bench grinder wheel to get their diameters down enough to pass through his airgun bbl. 

Needless to say, they were Not very accurate / consistent / effective / practical / etc. lol

😀👍 

Sam -

Worst case scenario I order a Corbin .218 die run them thru my RCBS 50 CAL press and full auto thru one of my good ol LCS SK19s. I got the DILLON and RCBS inertia bullet puller hammers already coming from a 1000 yard F Class bench no PRONE REST shooting background. 308 caliber. Have also used 50 cal BMG unofficially though. Yo!

Worst case scenario I order a Corbin .218 die run them thru my RCBS 50 CAL press and full auto thru one of my good ol LCS SK19s. I got the DILLON and RCBS inertia bullet puller hammers already coming from a 1000 yard F Class bench no PRONE REST shooting background. 308 caliber. Have also used 50 cal BMG unofficially though. Yo!

Right on man, there ya go!

And . . . a 50 cal BMG?! Niiice! 
My friend Jamie used to have one [some] through his shop, and he'd bring it to our sportsman's club once a year.. 
I missed out unfortunately, but, they'd let people fire it during the friends and family get together weekend. I'm sure that was an absolute blast!

🙂👍

Sam -