Cheap .22 pellet recommendations

As Bob said, testing different pellets is required if you’re after most accurate. We don’t know if you want to shoot Grounhogs in the ear canal or groups. What gun doesn’t guarantee a magic pellet as every barrel can vary.

I personally use CPHP’s for messing around out to 50 yards but if I’m grouping or LR most of my guns prefer JSB, H&N FTT, Kodiaks, Barracuda Match 5.52 & RWS Super Domes.

Budget wise under 50 yards for even pest birds Crosman’s should do good enough out of any rifle for bird chest shots. If not, make sure all is good with gun be it loose screws, scope, etc. as 12 years ago Crosman Premieres were pretty much the best pellets available.

Anyone have any old white & black Sheridan .177’s or Green/Gold/Silver tin Beeman Kodiak .22’s I’d take em all. 

Too bad you don’t need .177’s as I’d give you a tin of JSB 8.44 to try though these heads are .176-.177.

Brocock Commander, 14.3gr CPD work great out to 115-120 yrds at ~965 FPS. Once you compensate for elevation and wind drift there are no issues in consistently hitting POA. No issues plinking snus tins at ~100 yrds.

If you want a cheap comparision pellet I have a few tins of Crosman Piranhas I'll pay you to take :)

If your gun likes the CPHPs, you will be in pellet heaven. I get them from Wally Mart for less than $7/Tin of 500.

^^^ Yuuup. Exactly. 

I've got over a handful of .22 cal rifles and a pistol that all shot / shoot the CPHPs amazingly! 
As soon as I get a new rifle I actually use them to break in / lead in the barrels, and then continue to shoot them.. 

Even if they don't shoot 'great' initially - I've found that if I keep shooting them - I'll see better and better performance!
I only shoot them indoors though.. 10 meters.. They'll hit hole through hole / pellet on pellet consistently in every gun now.
I've also had great luck with JSBs 15 grain, 18 grain, and H&N's 21 grain. [when using higher powers or shooting outside] 

Sam -

The cheapest pellets I've seen recently are the Crosman 14.3 grain Hollow Points. In .22 about $6 for 500 at Wally World. As for accuracy, out of a Marauder at 900 fps, I get two inch groups at 50 yards. Pretty bad, but I use them more as burner pellets for chrony work. I know my 18 grain JSB's run about 80 fps slower than the 14.3 HP's. Great for breaking in your barrel as well. I've run over 4000 rounds over the chrony in the Marauder, and so far, the results have been reliable. As for the accuracy, so far, it isn't there, but you never know, maybe your gun will like them (mine really doesn't)