• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Charlie Frear @ Georgia Airguns A+++ Expert Gunsmith and Tuner.

Hi all,

Just want to post my recent positive experience dealing with Charlie of Georgia Airguns in fixing my gun.

My Kalibrgun Argus 60 .22 purchased elsewhere was experiencing really bad regulator creep after about 5000 shots. I first decided to replace the factory regulator with huma reg thinking it's the easiest way to rectify the issue which turns out to be a huge waste of time and money. The huma reg is so inconsistent with wild deviation it literally render the gun useless. Huma definitely left a bad taste in my mouth.

During the time when I was trying to figure out the issue with Huma regulator, I reached out to Charlie (after much research and his name keeps popping up for Kalibrgun related fixes and tunes) for some regulator set points data for Kalibrgun and he was kind enough to give me some regulator set points to try even though I didn't get the gun from him. After much frustration with the Huma with no avail, I decided to send the gun to Charlie for him to look at. I told him I wanted a new factory regulator and perhaps his barrel accuratizing service as I always thought my gun is not as accurate as it should be. He said can probably fix the existing regulator and will need to shoot the gun first to see if the barrel accuratizing is really needed.

Turns out he can fix the existing regulator and no barrel accuratizing service is needed as he figured out my accuracy issue is the pellets clipping due to loose internal baffles. He said the gun is accurate without the need of barrel accuratizing. Honest man for not up selling his services. He returned the gun fixed and functionally better in everyway.

I took the gun to the range today, shoots more accurate than new, the fixed factory regulator is more consistent than new, the cocking effort and trigger feel is better than new. I definitely feel he undercharged for his expertise and services.

Don't hesitate to reach out to Charlie for Kalibrgun maintenances and fixes.

I purchased a Cricket Carbine in .177 from Charlie in 2017 and this June a Cricket carbine in .25. He takes pride in his services and consulting on meeting a shooter’s expectations with his product.
I requested the .25 Carbine be tuned for accuracy over hunting power. He did that well and also set the trigger at a very crisp “break” point for target shooting. His barrel tune was excellent and supported by test targets, with chronograph numbers, for the best heavy and best standard weight pellets. I complement Mr. Frear for his ethics.

I purchased a Taipan Veteran .25 caliber laser from Charles at https://georgiaairguns.net/

Charles tuned the rifle and delivered a quality product. Three years later the rifle holds air and zero. Zero problems. Thirty inches long, thirty shots at 900 fps with thirty-four grain JSB MKII. I have not been gentle with the rifle.

Need a excellent PCP and an excellent vendor? Call Charles. He is The Man.

Reactions: wolfmangreg