• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Huben Charging GK1 with Hand Pump

+1

I don't drink, and I quit smoking cigarettes 8 years ago. quit vaping 2 years ago, and quit marijuana 38 days ago.

To add to that, it's not about GETTING IN shape (easier said than done once out of shape) it is about STAYING IN shape. Sedentary lifestyle is awful for ones body.

So if you're already in shape, hand pumping is a relatively easy task, where as if you're out of it, simply saying to get back into shape is...easier said than done.

-Matt
Until your health takes a nose dive like mine has. Just a scant few months ago, I would never have even considered buying a compressor as hand pumping was nothing but exercise and no problem.

What once got me up in the morning was looking for a pesting shot at/just after daylight. Although I get up well before daylight or am already awake, I simply don't have the energy anymore. And a lot of this has happened in the last 2 months. Went from 210-220 pounds to 173 in less than 3 months.

I am still trying, but it is getting harder to be enthused with airguns/pesting and life in general.

Now, I am not so sure my Gx-Cs4 compressor won't outlast me.

All my best!

Kerry

• Wow
Reactions: Healthservices
GK1 group, So I tried using my Hill hand pump to top off my GK1, and I was not able to charge above 2500 psi.? I was hoping to extend the use of my Guppy by topping off with my Hill, but with mine it's not about being in shape, I just don't have enough Ass.

Are the inexpensive 5000psi hand pumps easy to pump like the video of the 105lb Oriental Gal using the Huben hand pump to 5000psi? I would like to be able to use a hand pump to top off the GK1 to 4500psi. I was looking at a 5000psi. Beeman on Ebay. Thanks.

GK1 group, So I tried using my Hill hand pump to top off my GK1, and I was not able to charge above 2500 psi.? I was hoping to extend the use of my Guppy by topping off with my Hill, but with mine it's not about being in shape, I just don't have enough Ass.

Are the inexpensive 5000psi hand pumps easy to pump like the video of the 105lb Oriental Gal using the Huben hand pump to 5000psi? I would like to be able to use a hand pump to top off the GK1 to 4500psi. I was looking at a 5000psi. Beeman on Ebay. Thanks.
If you’re willing to pay a bit more, they may include the Gal.

• Haha
Reactions: SteveV and Bernie7

My Chinese/Vevor pump broke on the 10th try; I haven't opened it up yet, to see what and why. I think what did it was tilting it accidentally on one down-stroke. It was definitely easier than the Hill mk5, but still not very easy.
My Vevor oil-free compressor is still going strong, up to 350 bar, despite only being rated at 300 bar. Don't try this at home.

Reactions: Str8tshooter

Yes the 50 bucks China pump is the best option,...at 145 # I filled several times Huben Pistol to 350 BAR /5000 psi

Reactions: Str8tshooter

The pump may need cleaning maintenance. Mine came loaded with some generic grease and oil and would not pump to high pressure because of the grease and oil interfering with the stages and valves. I use light viscosity silicone oil on the o-rings and that's it, and no more "cooling" water in them either.

I am only 63 and until recently, hand pumping was the only thing I did for the airguns I use.

However, my health has taken a turn for the worse, so, although I never even considered buying a compressor, I did buy a GX-cs4.

Considering I have no tanks or even high volume bottled airguns, I guess it is over-kill and the fact that my health is declining relatively fast, I guess longevity of the pump may not be an issue.

And I haven't even shot enough to use the pump for filling my guns except for once each from ~2500-3000psi...

I have to admit that it was nice to not be out of breath and exhausted by hand pumping. And NP66, you should know I have been an advocate of hand pumping for a long time. I think I can still do it, but a lifetime of smoking, drinking and treating my body like a toilet has caught up with me.

All my best!

Kerry

p.s.

Don't Smoke or Vape!
Hope you beat whatever comes your way and things get better ❤️‍🩹

The pump may need cleaning maintenance. Mine came loaded with some generic grease and oil and would not pump to high pressure because of the grease and oil interfering with the stages and valves. I use light viscosity silicone oil on the o-rings and that's it, and no more "cooling" water in them either.
I ran out of the Hill grease and been using the 3M single packets and 825 :cool: IMG_5783.jpeg

I just got a new hand pump from Walmart and anticipation of the arrival of my GK one. It was priced like a three stage but advertised as a four stage like many of the pumps on Walmart. Of course, it’s actually a three stage. Brand ended up being Vevor (that was not listed on the advertisement).

The pump is nice enough, and it comes with lots of spare parts, and even an adapter for the fill probes like evanix uses (where you have to screw on an adapter with a nipple to fit with a standard pump).

I weigh about 170 pounds and understand the principles of using body weight to depress the plungers, but I don’t weigh enough to do it. Above 4000 psi I’m pushing myself up instead of the handle down, I can get it part of the way, but that last inch won’t budge no matter how much I accelerate into it. Also, it is only rated to 4500 psi like all of the other budget pumps that I can find.

Manny: can you recommend a specific hand pump brand/model/vendor that you are able to depress with your weight and can go above 4500psi? I know they are all the same on some level, but I’ve seen pretty big differences in force required from my older pumps and the one i got is on the challenging end.

I was thinking of getting a GX 4 but put $600 in my daughter’s savings account instead… with that small air cylinder volume and me in my 50’s I at least have to give it a try.

I will probably just put a couple of dumbbells in a backpack every time I’m trying to reach 4500 or 5000 psi.
Thank you.

I just got a new hand pump from Walmart and anticipation of the arrival of my GK one. It was priced like a three stage but advertised as a four stage like many of the pumps on Walmart. Of course, it’s actually a three stage. Brand ended up being Vevor (that was not listed on the advertisement).

The pump is nice enough, and it comes with lots of spare parts, and even an adapter for the fill probes like evanix uses (where you have to screw on an adapter with a nipple to fit with a standard pump).

I weigh about 170 pounds and understand the principles of using body weight to depress the plungers, but I don’t weigh enough to do it. Above 4000 psi I’m pushing myself up instead of the handle down, I can get it part of the way, but that last inch won’t budge no matter how much I accelerate into it. Also, it is only rated to 4500 psi like all of the other budget pumps that I can find.

Manny: can you recommend a specific hand pump brand/model/vendor that you are able to depress with your weight and can go above 4500psi? I know they are all the same on some level, but I’ve seen pretty big differences in force required from my older pumps and the one i got is on the challenging end.

I was thinking of getting a GX 4 but put $600 in my daughter’s savings account instead… with that small air cylinder volume and me in my 50’s I at least have to give it a try.

I will probably just put a couple of dumbbells in a backpack every time I’m trying to reach 4500 or 5000 psi.
Thank you.
I hand pump mine even though i have a compressor lol.once you get over 4000psi its does get much harder for sure but i haven’t had any problem with my orcair pump..but i am 210lbs

Thank you.
This is the pump I had for several years now

The other 3 are TOUSA, all from Amazon.

I filled the pistol many times to 5000 psi ( not mine but Bully's two .25s when he came here to shoot ) with both pumps.

I am 58 years old and 145 # and you can ask Billy it was taking me no time to fill them,...faster then getting them on a compressor.

Reactions: MrP