Changing YH Water Supply

Airslave,

I don't have a permanent water system, just use 5 gallon bucket. I break everything down when session ends and keep bucket of water on floor by washing machine. (No small kids in household, so no drowning danger.) Dump in washer on washday then refill bucket with fresh water at next fill session. (Depending on how much I shoot, might use water several times before washday rolls around.) After washday, bucket scrubbed out, rinsed and set to dry.

Any update on your Yong Heng situation? WM

Thanks everyone. I'm using a dark blue bucket but will change it to a white one so I can see it better. I'm not a heavy user so the water will be sitting for 4-5 days without use. Just trying to keep everything clean. I do blow out the hose to clear water from the system and hopefully no corrosion for a long time. 

WorriedMan. Took it apart. Second stage bottom ring was completely caked with crud. Cylinder has a big gouge about 1.5" long half way up. Pretty deep. I anticipated rebuilding one day and ordered a piston but not the cylinder...? Guess I'll have to do that now. Everything else looked ok. Just put it back together with oil. Test tomorrow. I receive the new one and put oil in it and will test tomorrow.

Thanks for asking... I'm still slugging away at it.

Good news... my hunting partner is really impatient and gave me his Air Venturi Avenger .25 cal. Now I really do need air!

This is how mine looked at between 10-15 hours, the first couple with royal purple and then Chemlube 751 for the rest. No major buildup and was easily wiped off with a rag. I got it back together Thursday night, and received my new compressor on Friday, so I haven’t tested it yet. I did notice that the head gasket was not cut out for the reed valve, and the valve sat on top of the gasket, which surely wasn’t correct, and the new gasket has the correct cut out. I still have a new piston and rod assembly, as there was no wear, even the 2nd stage rings measured the same as the new one. I credit using the correct oil, and keeping it cool 😎 during use with the lack of wear. 
EC6F046A-2063-47D4-BD5C-0C9676057E3A.1647264951.jpeg

Airslave,

Got to say wasn't expecting that. Sounds like a serious manufacturing error, some foreign material disintegrated upon start-up, badly scoring cylinder wall. Has best-homepro made this right? I'm sure you sent the requested photos of damage. Hope he does well by you, if not, will be the first black mark against him in my book. Getting a donated Air Venturi Avenger must be a nice change, compared to the early compressor disappointments. In your shoes, I'd give first Yong Heng a pass on re-start, pending new part replacement. Start fresh with new one. WM

WorriedMan,

I wrote best-homepro and they said to send pics and they would pay for any damage. Very quick reply.

Piston and some seals/gaskets here 4/2/2022. Since the old piston is has been in the damaged cylinder I'll give it a 30 sec test to see if there is any compression at all. Only thing I haven't done is look at the top part where the round valve is. Could be some foreign matter in those small holes. Otherwise I'll wait till the new piston and cylinder to install.

Second stage was mostly dirty on bottom ring. Not sure if that was caused by assembly or something else. I only have about 10 minutes total run time. My gasket goes over the top of the reed valve. Is that correct or is it suppose to be cut out?

20220308_104002.1647274373.jpg

20220308_103855.1647275211.jpg

Thanks for your help...

Well, now I’m more confused, yours looks like how mine was…however the new gasket is cut around the valve, which makes more sense to me. The new one does leave less meat at the edge of the cylinder head, perhaps a weak point? Mine worked fine with the same gasket as yours, but looked funny to me, as it had to form around the edge of the reed valve to seal. Sorry if I just added more confusion. 

Airslave,

Good thing Scotty is helping, to be honest, I've never had mine apart. You're both way ahead of me there. I'll have to take the time to watch Sambo Cotton's Yong Heng videos, as recommended by Bio. I don't tear into anything that's working, don't want to tempt fate. Sounds like everything is working out OK, sorry you and Bio lost the Chinese Quality Control lottery, at least for your initial Yong Hengs. Keep us posted, WM

Update: Halleluiah!!! The new YH works. Finally! 

Put the old one back together but found a leak on one of the lines. I'll have to pull it out and look at the seal. 

What an ordeal! Thought I'd never get my guns pumped and running again. But I learned the YH is a piece of cake to take apart and put back together. Parts do take forever to get here though.

Big thanks to all of you!!!!!