Changing the background

I now remember way I rarely coe to this site, its because the background give me a headache. The black, white and grey boxes just mess with my eye something terrible. Is there anyway to change this?

FWIW, I've created a few websites and studied hundreds if not thousands in relation to advertising, marketing and information sharing, busy backgrounds like the one on this site are never used successfully.

I now remember way I rarely coe to this site, its because the background give me a headache. The black, white and grey boxes just mess with my eye something terrible. Is there anyway to change this?

FWIW, I've created a few websites and studied hundreds if not thousands in relation to advertising, marketing and information sharing, busy backgrounds like the one on this site are never used successfully.

Your last sentence flies in the face of the fact that this *is* a successful website.

You can use something like Grease Monkey Grease Monkey to alter the way the page is displayed if it's that bothersome to you. 

GsT

Your last sentence flies in the face of the fact that this *is* a successful website.

You can use something like Grease Monkey Grease Monkey to alter the way the page is displayed if it's that bothersome to you. 

GsT

Define "successful"

How many dont stick around or stick around for any length of time because of the background? There are plenty of studies and research on website design to back me up. Building them was a MAJOR part of my business which is why I know a little something about it. 

Don't go away mad, just go away.

Hmm, not a problem, I'm sure there are other related sites that will be more welcoming and friendly to my eyes and individuals

No offense man but how you will welcome a guy that comes to your house and say that your color choices are wrong your windows are too big and you have a headache just for being here?

Your post wasn't friendly at all so how you can expect someone to be friendly and welcoming you?

B

Pro tip if you don't like the carbon fiber look:
Increase zoom level to 150% (your best zoom level may vary by device)

Your view goes from this:

Screenshot_2021-03-23 Changing the background - Airgun Nation.1616536458.png

To this:

Screenshot_2021-03-23 Changing the background - Airgun Nation1.1616536479.png

You're welcome 👌

Reactions: sticman77
At the risk of being jumped on too, it would be nicer on my old eyes if the background was not as bright a white and the print was a little bolder. Oh, and a tad bigger too.

Just set your display for less brightness, every phone, tablet, laptop and PC has a setting fo this. Also, most browsers allow you to change screen size and font size. Try out the contrast settings also, including on your monitor if you are using one.