• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Changing the background

At the risk of being jumped on too, it would be nicer on my old eyes if the background was not as bright a white and the print was a little bolder. Oh, and a tad bigger too.

Just set your display for less brightness, every phone, tablet, laptop and PC has a setting fo this. Also, most browsers allow you to change screen size and font size. Try out the contrast settings also, including on your monitor if you are using one.

Yeah, I know that, but then those settings that I use to make this better change how everything else (that's ok) will look. And it's a pita changing it every time I come here, daily. I can live with it, it's just that it would be a little nicer. You never know til you ask.....

At the risk of being jumped on too, it would be nicer on my old eyes if the background was not as bright a white and the print was a little bolder. Oh, and a tad bigger too.

Just set your display for less brightness, every phone, tablet, laptop and PC has a setting fo this. Also, most browsers allow you to change screen size and font size. Try out the contrast settings also, including on your monitor if you are using one.

Yeah, I know that, but then those settings that I use to make this better change how everything else (that's ok) will look. And it's a pita changing it every time I come here, daily. I can live with it, it's just that it would be a little nicer. You never know til you ask.....

Your concerns have been documented. Perhaps we can do something to make it easier on your eyes. Currently, we've got almost 2 dozen enhancements in the works. 

*For those of you who approached this subject in defense, we appreciate the support and pride that you take in AGN. But, please try to help your peers instead of mock or discourage them. We didn't need to lose this member over a simple request.

Screen Shot 2021-03-23 at 9.31.49 PM.1616598950.png

Thanks

-Michael

All the guy asked is about changing the background. So what if it doesn't bother YOUR...eyes, it does his. Big deal on you bad mouthing guys, don't beat the guy up because he happens to have sensitive eyes..!

I've learned a lot since I came here a year or so ago. Luckily, even with my, sometimes off-handed attitude, I haven't been beat up like this.

WHAT THE HELL, leave the guy alone, he can't help it if he's a little different than PERFECT, like you all..!

MIke

Personally I think it is attractive. I do wish they had a customization option, where we could change the background of the text fields to something like sepia. I have brightness on my computer for best overall levels for my vision, and at 75 years old with cataracts sometimes these bright, white backgrounds are tiring. One thing I do notice is that when loading this forum or a thread colllection such as general discussions from pistols it is slower than other forums, could that be due to the busy background?

Your concerns have been documented. Perhaps we can do something to make it easier on your eyes. Currently, we've got almost 2 dozen enhancements in the works. 

*For those of you who approached this subject in defense, we appreciate the support and pride that you take in AGN. But, please try to help your peers instead of mock or discourage them. We didn't need to lose this member over a simple request.

Screen Shot 2021-03-23 at 9.31.49 PM.1616598950.png

Thanks

-Michael

No loss here, probably trouble maker and I didn't see anyone jump on that guy, just grownup man discussion, if you can handle just stay away from the internet, life will be much better

I"m not a fan of GTA forum, just don't like the format same as the OP with AGN but I don't sign up there just to say your site it's a terrible design and it's giving me a headache.

B

I almost made this same post a while back, I went through all the settings and couldnt find a way to change the layout colors so figured it was just stuck at this.. which it appears to be. I try to change all of the forums/socials I visit to BLACK background, as this greatly helps with eye strain when reading late at night (when I often get a chance to sit down and read a lot). even turning my laptop brightness down all the way sometimes isn't enough. I've often gotten headaches from reading this forum, when I am researching a topic and reading replies for an hour or so straight. 

I'll just say that if it doesnt affect you, then please consider yourself lucky.. because it stinks and isn't enjoyable to have this issue. Some of the replies here over a simple request to change the layout (I can on EVERY SINGLE forum I visit besides this one), is mind boggling... "IT DOESNT AFFECT ME SO YOU CAN LEAVE" is the attitude I see. Like I said, consider yourself lucky that it doenst bother you. 

Honestly if the information and people werent so great here, I wouldn't have stuck around. The headaches and eye strain are usually worth it. 

I almost made this same post a while back, I went through all the settings and couldnt find a way to change the layout colors so figured it was just stuck at this.. which it appears to be. I try to change all of the forums/socials I visit to BLACK background, as this greatly helps with eye strain when reading late at night (when I often get a chance to sit down and read a lot). even turning my laptop brightness down all the way sometimes isn't enough. I've often gotten headaches from reading this forum, when I am researching a topic and reading replies for an hour or so straight. 

I'll just say that if it doesnt affect you, then please consider yourself lucky.. because it stinks and isn't enjoyable to have this issue. Some of the replies here over a simple request to change the layout (I can on EVERY SINGLE forum I visit besides this one), is mind boggling... "IT DOESNT AFFECT ME SO YOU CAN LEAVE" is the attitude I see. Like I said, consider yourself lucky that it doenst bother you. 

Honestly if the information and people werent so great here, I wouldn't have stuck around. The headaches and eye strain are usually worth it.

Works for 99% of people here, so why change it?

I do not visit sites that I don't like and tell people who crated to change it...how will you feel if someone comes to your house and starts complaining and want you to change everything?

Sorry not trying to start the fight but that's the way it is, hope you enjoy this forum the way it is.

B

What if restaurants told the partially blind "99% of people can see fine, so theres no need for large print menus"

99% of people can hear fine, no need for closed captions on the TV, we like the screen the way it is. 

Can you understand how this makes you seem like a jerk when you tell people to leave when they ask for another option that helps them enjoy the forum? 

What if restaurants told the partially blind "99% of people can see fine, so theres no need for large print menus"

99% of people can hear fine, no need for closed captions on the TV, we like the screen the way it is. 

Can you understand how this makes you seem like a jerk when you tell people to leave when they ask for another option that helps them enjoy the forum?

Can you understand how that makes you seem like a KAREN when you tell people to change something that works?

The problem these days is that we try to satisfy 1% of the population ignoring the other 99% that actually run the show.

B