Changes in RWS 34 T05-T06

I had a chance to use a friend's 34 today. His is marked 2017. Mine was purchased sometime between 2005-2010 to the best of my recollection.
IMG_2449.jpg

His fore stock is approximately 3 inches longer and is much better for shooting from a rest. His sights are fiber optic and superior to my plain iron sights in my opinion. Finally the T06 trigger as he adjusted it is something I would absolutely pay to upgrade.

On the other hand my stock is more attractive and the safety lever on his is very loose. It rattles around. Mine is easy to push but it doesn't wiggle like a loose tooth.

Reactions: Bolillo
I just saw a 34 T06 2017 22 caliber in a gun shop used like new in the box for $199. Wasn’t sure if it was a good deal or not.
Any options?
The 34's in .22 are out there, you just don't see or hear about them quite as much as the .177's. Offer him him $150 and see if he bites.
I have an older T-01 in .177 I got cheap from a gun shop owner just because it sat way too long in his store and he wanted it gone.
Also have one in .20 caliber with the T-06 trigger, but that one is a custom made by Diana deal they only made 30 of.