Change gauge on a streamline

Oh no thats crummy!

I usually do it two ways.
Take the stock off and you can see the hole in the breech block where the valve pin is. Simply put a small punch or flat head screwdriver in there and apply pressure to the valve pin to open the valve up and dump the air out.
Once pressure gets lower I take the fill port dust cover off and put a punch wrapped in electrical tape into the fill port and open the end of the cylinder up.

Good luck!

Reactions: Deja and Michael
What you actually need to use is a 11 mm open-end wrench to remove the air gauge. It must be a very thin wrench otherwise you must take a belt sander or grinder and grind one down thin enough to fit. To let the air out of my streamline I simply use the 11 mm wrench to loosen the air gauge and let the air out of the tank which does no harm. I personally am not fond of the idea of using anything to pry the valve pin open for fear of damaging it. If you look closely you will see that there is a very small air bleeder hole in the neck that the air gauge screws into , so that when you loosen the Gage about a half turn air escapes out of that little tiny bleeder hole . There is a Delrin washer at the bottom of that neck that the air gauge goes into. That's the way I do it with my Streamline.
best regards, Chuck

Yea you where right chuck thats the easiest way to bleed the air tube, only I didnt have the delrin washer but most likely my gunsmith had replaced it with an oring. Bad idea since it gets sucked out of the bleed hole.

that said I now have a leak in my reg? the bleed hole under the reg is spewing out air. Next question then is.... shouldnt you just be able to turn the tube to unscrew it? counter clock wise?

If so a gorilla has tighten mine.

Once all the air is removed the air tube screws off very easily...unless of course someone used loctite on the threads. If so, you will need to use a head gun or micro torch to allow the loctite to release so you can screw it off. But be aware of the fact that there is an o-ring on the end cap and you don't want to get it too hot...if you decide to apply some heat MAKE SURE YOU REMOVE YOUR AIR GAUGE FIRST! That will allow any pressure from heating up the air to escape! BE WARNED!