• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Chairgun ballistic program for airguns

The ballistic calculator gives you a good idea of what to expect for holdovers, but ultimately I figure all mine out by shooting at actual targets at known distances.

I put my main targets up at 25 and 50 yards. Then I stick a 3” target to a recipe card hot glued to a popsicle stick at every 5 yards starting at 5 yards all the way to 100 yards if necessary and determine my “true holdovers” that way. I always find the calculator to be off at some distances. Nothing replaces trigger time!

Well said.

For FT competition, you need to know the trajectory at each yard from 10 to 55. Each time you change pellets, weight, or velocity , you must recalculate your trajectory . If must be precise. This isn't shooting tin cans.

If you read my post .I said if competition shooting I can understand.But for pest control out to 70 yards shouldn’t be a problem.And tin cans 😂 at 100 yards is a no brainer .

I never said anything about using a range finder .I take one along when I go pesting but out to 70 yards I don’t need to punch in too strlocfor a 50 to 60 yard shot and I’m not talking cans either..Those rats ranged45 to 58 yards.As I said in my post I can see using strloc for competition.Take a chill pill boys to each there own.PS I would be willing to bet that more than 80% of you guys have made bad judgment shots.

I dont use strelok when I shoot. I dont need a rangefinder either if my shots are within the pbr of my rifle.