• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Chairgun Accuracy

"62hotrod"Provided accurate information is entered, how accurate is the intel. I admit I did use the published B/C rather than computing my own. I'm trying to do a very detailed comparison between two guns and several pellets.
It's extremely accurate. Both Chairgun and Sterlok. I prefer Sterlok since it has my SCB2 reticle built into it. I shoot from distances ranging between 30-150 yards and Sterlok is accurate to the dot in terms of predicting POI. 

I'm just getting into ballistics apps. The first time I used Chairgun was for a 140+ yard shot and either I was very lucky or it was just spot on because I hit the target (poor pigeon). I like Strelok Pro more because with the reticle function it shows a picture of where you should aim. I only use it for shots of more than 100 yards because I've pretty much worked out POI for most conditions under 100 yards by trial and error. I'm not a hunter so it's no big deal if I miss a shot; I don't have to worry about injuring an animal or missing out on food, my joy is hitting the target.

The only "problem" with Chairgun are the listed BCs (ballistic coefficient). If your pellet isn't listed (and sometimes when it is), about the only way you can be sure things are dead on (no pun intended), is to measure the velocity at several different distances, and calculate the BC. 

It is easy to see what affect the BC has, by just changing it a few hundredths, and look at the resulting change in the ballistic curve.