• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

CGA347 valve

I ordered a compressor to do myself
So set it up according to your compressor. Which compressor? A low-flow such as the CS4, or a high-flo such as a Alkin W31, Carette II, or similar?

Most of the smaller compressors will do fine with a small bore hose and foster fittings. Here's what I put on my tank:

So set it up according to your compressor. Which compressor? A low-flow such as the CS4, or a high-flo such as a Alkin W31, Carette II, or similar?

Most of the smaller compressors will do fine with a small bore hose and foster fittings. Here's what I put on my tank:

My compressor will be the cs4

Which 347 valve do you all recommend for a 30 min tank with standard CGA347 valve to fill up my PCP.

Thanks
Is there something wrong with your current valve ? Is it rebuildable? If it’s a typical fire service valve it should be rebuildable but sourcing parts might be an issue and if you have to send it out for rebuild you’ll have a quote price to use as comparison to replacement cost of a different valve. I’m not a fan of chinese stuff as parts can be difficult to obtain.

The Saber Tactical is a nice valve. The plus for it is that it has Foster fittings already so no need for CGA347 adapters to convert to Foster. Has some great features.
Brancato sells a TJ3 SLO-FLO valve that is a fine valve but is DIN300 so you would need an adapter similar to the CGA347 and an adapter to go to Foster or a hose.
Although my two SCBA’s are DIN300 I would love to change them to the Saber Tactical. They also have a nice integral carry handle.

Is there something wrong with your current valve ? Is it rebuildable? If it’s a typical fire service valve it should be rebuildable but sourcing parts might be an issue and if you have to send it out for rebuild you’ll have a quote price to use as comparison to replacement cost of a different valve. I’m not a fan of chinese stuff as parts can be difficult to obtain.

The Saber Tactical is a nice valve. The plus for it is that it has Foster fittings already so no need for CGA347 adapters to convert to Foster. Has some great features.
Brancato sells a TJ3 SLO-FLO valve that is a fine valve but is DIN300 so you would need an adapter similar to the CGA347 and an adapter to go to Foster or a hose.
Although my two SCBA’s are DIN300 I would love to change them to the Saber Tactical. They also have a nice integral carry handle.
No, I'm new to SCBA tank and the one I ordered from eBay has the original CGA347 valve.

I need to convert that valve so I can fill it up with my compressor so I need a new valve as far as I know. Like I said I don't know but I have an idea that I need to change the valve to use and fill

Reactions: RM.510bigbore

Exactly! That, plus the smoothness of the ST valve is why I bought a bare tank from Brancato. His valves are ok (I DO like the dual gauges),. but to me the ST valve is the bees knees.

No, I'm new to SCBA tank and the one I ordered from eBay has the original CGA347 valve.

I need to convert that valve so I can fill it up with my compressor so I need a new valve as far as I know. Like I said I don't know but I have an idea that I need to change the valve to use and fill
Post up a pic of the valve on your new tank, particularly the thread portion. Or a link to the ebay ad from which you purchased it.

1708884805469.png

Unless your valve is leaking or damaged all you really need is an adapter to Foster or directly to a hose that would have a female Foster on the gun end.
I did a search and found the fitting pictured. It’s available from Air Tanks Plus.
Brancatos tanks come with DIN300 valves. Personally I prefer the DIN300 as there appears to be a lot more fitting combinations available.
Stikman makes some pretty nice fill sets too but aren’t cheap, excellent quality though.
Since your valve does not have a bleeder, you will need a set up with a bleed valve like in photo.
Other photo shows my Brancato tank (DIN300 valve) with 360° swivel fitting, double female Foster 18” fill hose and dead head plug to keep dirt out. I really like the swivel fitting because I don’t have a hose sticking straight out the side. I can leave the fill hose on all the time because it tucks down alongside the tank. That’s the only thing that keeps me from buying the Saber Tactical valve.
Another plus with the Brancato DIN300 is that it has a slow fill orifice for filling gun, but when you are filling the tank it allows a higher flow rate.

IMG_2103.jpeg

IMG_2104.jpeg

Reactions: dghal and mamny956
I use 6.8L and 9L Omega brand tanks. The 6.8L originally had an Omega valve with a push button air bleed. The button was very difficult to push until I clipped of a couple of turns from its spring. I also noticed that the two o-rings that seal the button bleeder tend to wear and cause the valve to leak. I replaced the Omega valve with a Brancato TJ3 which was an improvement. The TJ3's tank pressure gauge has been replaced with a more accurate one. My 9L Omega tank was included with a PCP package purchase from a forum member. It has an Omega HP3 valve and is a similar design like the Saber Tactical gauge but includes a tank pressure gauge which the Saber Tactical does not have. I can't comment on the Saber Tactical's usability since I've never operated one. What I can say is that an Omega HP3 valve checks all the boxes. It is butter smooth to open, regulate air, and close. It takes much more effort to open the Brancato TJ3 valve than the Omega HP3.

When comparing cost, bear in mind that the Omega HP3 includes a super flexible fill hose with quick connects which will has to be bought separately for a Saber Tactical valve.

Last edited:
Where did u buy the valve, filter, and double male?
What is double male for?
And does that set up allow to fill tank up with compressor,?
CGA347 paintball fill station: Do a search on Amazon or eBay for ... CGA347 paintball fill station. Make sure it looks like the one pictured. Prices will vary quite a bit. Between $40 and $50 is ok.
Double male Foster: Do a search on Amazon or eBay for ... double male Foster ... pick one.
Filters: Do a search on Amazon or eBay for ... pcp high pressure filter. I prefer using 2 of the smaller ones (as pictured).

The double male will be used to connect the filter(s) to either the GX CS4 fill hose or to your CGA347 paintball fill station fill hose.

Yes, all this will work fine with the GX CS4 compressor.

Reactions: mamny956
CGA347 paintball fill station: Do a search on Amazon or eBay for ... CGA347 paintball fill station. Make sure it looks like the one pictured. Prices will vary quite a bit. Between $40 and $50 is ok.
Double male Foster: Do a search on Amazon or eBay for ... double male Foster ... pick one.
Filters: Do a search on Amazon or eBay for ... pcp high pressure filter. I prefer using 2 of the smaller ones (as pictured).

The double male will be used to connect the filter(s) to either the GX CS4 fill hose or to your CGA347 paintball fill station fill hose.

Yes, all this will work fine with the GX CS4 compressor.
Thanks, I am starting to search for all those parts to learn more and looks at prices.

Thanks so much

Where did u buy the valve, filter, and double male?

What is double male for?

And does that set up allow to fill tank up with compressor,?

The male-to-male coupler may not be needed, it all depends on how your system's fittings are set up. I only use one to join two hoses when the gun or tank is farther away than my short hose will reach. They are handy to keep nearby, for sure.

Reactions: mamny956