CF Tank Thread Size Help, please.

I'm trying to understand the different thread sizes for SCBA and paintball tank. 

My understanding for US spec threading is that SCBA tanks are 7/8-14UNF and paintball tanks are 5/8-18UNF.

I'm seeing some of the carbon fiber tanks from China which list a M18 x 1.5 - are these threads compatible with the paintball 5/8-18UNF? There are many CF tanks available in middle sizes (3L) which I'm looking into but confused what will work with what safely.

I would like to point out that it isn't necessary to charge the gun to 4500 psi just because you can. Most guns have a max rating of 250 bar or less anyway. Even if they do have the higher pressure rating, it isn't a problem to charge them to a lower pressure. Sometimes it makes a lot of sense. In my case I never charge my FX Crown higher than 230 bar. This allows me to use two new aluminum SCUBA 12 liter tanks and I charge the guns from them. I recharge the tank about once a month. I still get 4 magazines between gun fills even at the reduced pressure.