• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning CF .457 AF Texan Question.

Does anybody know what the Factory setting is for the Power Wheel Adjustment is? I am getting VERY inconsistant groups at 50 yrds. I am shooting 225 gn HP at 1010 fps, and a fill pressure of around 3000-3200 psi. I want to set back to factory and start over. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh, btw I am supported on a bench with a front and rear rest, with the same hold each shot.

I am only firing 3 shot groups to try to eleviate massive drops.
Some shots are high (2" or so from POA), others either side of POA. I am getting about 3‐5" groups, when the decide to hit in the same general area. Getting EXTREMELY frustrated with this rifle. I may ditch these slugs for now and experiment with heavier (290+ gr) slugs or lighter (>200gr) just to see whats up. I just hate wasting ammo to find something that tightens up my groups. I can live with 1-3" groups, but right now that seems impossible. I have tried with DFL Emporer on AND off.
20220504_190919.jpg

20220504_190608.jpg

What brand are the HP's you are shooting, are they .457 or smaller?, I use round balls and several other sizes, mine is a laser with round balls and 373 grain slugs, it might be the hollow point, mine doesn't like them below 300 grain, I use .457 and .458 ammo in mine, I cast round balls and some 250 grain slugs, they work great, 1" groups at 50 yards,
the power wheel adjustment on mine if at full power.