• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

CenterPoint LR312SFT2 Precision Lock Turrets High Performance Riflescope Issues

I really like this scope. The reticle works for me and while sighting in on my .25 Avenger at 35 yards the pellets are stacking on top of each other. Only problem is The elevation locking ring is stuck allowing the turret to turn. Any suggestions on how to losen locking ring ?Also when adjusting windage because point of impact was slightly right turning turret left nothing happened. So I turned right and looking through scope my reticle in fact moved left. Is that normal? I tested this today while in my garage with a target on garage door and rifle locked down I could clearly see my reticle move. Obviously I did not shoot. I will try to get to the range soon.

yes,normal and just like other scopes.

think about it like this.........

if youre looking through your scope and take a shot,
and its perfect on elevation,
but 2 inches to the right,
clicking the turret "left" will move to the crosshairs to the right closer to the point of impact,
which will bring the point of impact to the left.

on a scopes turrets,
the U/D - L/R is the direction you want to move the projectile,
not the direction youre moving the crosshair.

if you turn it R/right,
your crosshairs will move to the left,
which will in turn make the projectile move to the right.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scotty1
I have a UTG scope with similar lock rings on the bottom of the turrets. For mine to loosen it so the turret is free to move is turning it counterclockwise, i.e. the normal law of right tighty and lefty loosey apply here! I would try putting a little protective material on the lock ring such as a small piece of an old bike inner tube or leather, then gingerly try breaking it free with a pair of pliers, shouldn’t take much force. I see you have a strap wrench coming, probably will work if small enough.