CenterPoint 4-16x40 AO, TAG-Style IR, 1" Tube...Good inexpensive scope?

i look at it like this, a cheao scope will get the job done just as good as an expensive one in almost every case .. but seriously, its not good for your eyes to be looking through cheap garbage all day long if your thing is target shooting on a range ... for a kid plinking here and there itl be fine unless theyre the type to spend hours at it .. a better optic will be plain healthier on the eyes in that case ..

I just looked and the Centerpoint is $65 on Amazon, it might be even less from another source. You are going to be at $100 for for a Hawke Vantage which I feel is an upgrade. If it were me, I would spend $150 and get an Athlon Talos just for the warranty. Some kids are rough on things and Athlon will warranty the scope no matter what happened to it. If you don’t want to spend that much I would seriously consider the Hawke.

My Benjamin Armada still has the original CP 4-16 scope and mount that came with it as a package. It works just fine, from 15 yards all the way further out. You are not going to "miss" a target because of the scope. This is coming from a guy who has several higher end scopes on my long range precision rifles, from Athlon Cronus, Nightforce ATACR scopes to Minox ZP5, with scope mounts that cost several times that of any CP scope.

Do I enjoy the clarity and ease of looking through and working with my higher end scopes? Sure, but the utility and functionality of a working CenterPoint scope is not lacking in anyway shape or form.