• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

CenterPoint 3-12x44 30MM SF vs UTG T8 2-16X44 30mm . which has better glass ???

CP is $104 vs UTG $140 both 30mm , SF , glass mil-dot . both get good comments here . these are my final 2 choices for my diana 34 .177 . i'm a SF fanboy and have a nice pair of 30mm rings i don't want to go to waste .

i like the CP being cheaper but i'd like a little more than 12X 

UTG 2-16 mo-powa ;) . wish it didn't have the lighted reticle crap and more $ :( .

i think i could be happy with either , but i do like the higher mag of the UTG and suspect it may have slightly better build quality . but i'm not expecting either to be equal to my hawke SF 6-24 vantage ..... soooo , all that aside which is better glass wise ? and am i correct that the UTG will have better construction ? 

thanks , jeff 

☝ THAT WAS the $58 Field Supply refurb special. They swap for new ones under Warranty.

The UTG 2-16x44 is clear from 2-14x then kinda degrades from 14x-16x (still decent at 16x to see holes in targets at 50 yards but not past 50 unless you back the power down to 14x) but the Alpha6 hands down smokes it for around the same price.

Centerpoint PLT BDC 3-12x44 SFP $104 Wal-Mart or $58 Field Supply refurb about equal in clarity as the UTG 2-16x44 when side by side to 12x.

Alpha6 still beats the Centerpoint in optical greatness.