• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Celebrated the 46th anniversary of my 21st birthday -

with a short hunt at the local WMA on Percy Priest Reservoir.

With the chorus of the 70's hit Afternoon Delight running through my mind and a silly grin I got in the woods right at 3 and took a very relaxed meandering stroll.

Decided to take the left fork in the trail leading into the WMA and found a nice spot near some hardwoods with den tree potential.

Within about 20 minutes or so I spot a suspicious gray blob that turned out to be a squirrel checking me out. I must have moved too fast raising my rifle, so he ran to the opposite side.

I decided to just chill, and if I spot him again great, if not I'll move along. My patience paid off, as I caught a flurry in my peripheral vision while scanning the trees, yep, squirrelzilla has

re-appeared at the exact spot, a knot leftover from a broken limb near the trunk. I was ready, and popped him good with a Predator 25 grainer.

Again, I apologise for the poor cell phone pics, maybe Santa Clause will grant my wish?

A few pics of the WMA, and the obligatory dead squirrel
1203231621_HDR.jpg

1203231620.jpg

1203231620a.jpg

1203231620_HDR.jpg
1203231534.jpg

Thanks for letting me share a most wonderful birthday, hope they keep coming!

Last edited:
with a short hunt at the local WMA on Percy Priest Reservoir.

With the chorus of the 70's hit Afternoon Delight running through my mind and a silly grin I got in the woods right at 3 and took a very relaxed meandering stroll.

Decided to take the left fork in the trail leading into the WMA and found a nice spot near some hardwoods with den tree potential.

Within about 20 minutes or so I spot a suspicious gray blob that turned out to be a squirrel checking me out. I must have moved too fast raising my rifle, so he ran to the opposite side.

I decided to just chill, and if I spot him again great, if not I'll move along. My patience paid off, as I caught a flurry in my peripheral vision while scanning the trees, yep, squirrelzilla has

re-appeared at the exact spot, a knot leftover from a broken limb near the trunk. I was ready, and popped him good with a Predator 25 grainer.

Again, I apologise for the poor cell phone pics, maybe Santa Clause will grant my wish?

A few pics of the WMA, and the obligatory dead squirrelView attachment 412107

View attachment 412105

View attachment 412106
View attachment 412108View attachment 412109
Thanks for letting me share a most wonderful birthday, hope they keep coming!
Great hunt

Reactions: SteveV