• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

CE vs DOT CF tanks due for hydro

Michael

Administrator
Staff member
I've got a few small carbon fiber tanks that came on EU airguns (mostly 480cc/250 bar). That say they need to be hydro'd every 5 years. I've got a tool to remove the valve, but... I have other questions:

1. Will hydro-testing shops test tanks that are only CE certified (opposed to DOT certified)?
2. Do hyro-testing shops have the necessary adapter for these small bottles?

TiA
-Michael

I say this only because I read a post or two here where ce tanks were tested to the wrong pressures. Maybe I read the posts wrong but after the tanks were tested they started to leak. Basically the tanks that were initially good were tested, and damaged, then returned to the customer. Make sure the tank is only tested to the maxed test pressure to re-certify for the ce tanks if they are CE tanks. If the shop will only certify for DOT specifications, specify the pressures for the ce tanks to be tested at. If they cannot do that I would not bother re testing the ce tanks. Your searches will be better than what I can do for this.

Allen