• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Results CCGC Monthly FT Match Results- April 15, 2023 Burlington, NC

Great to see some of the old (not in age, in years spent shooting open class) stalwart open guys shooting WFTF this year. Well done Gary and Paul!

Chas
Thanks Chaz. I figured I better switch to WFTF because I can’t keep up with you and Brian anymore. You guys are on fire. Lol And as far as “old” Open shooters, your first thought was correct.

What a great course/venue they have at Central Carolina. Sitting on each lane presents 5 or 6 possible actual targets. They are numbered and you shoot the number on the score card. I wish i would have taken a photo of some of the lanes. The first course is shot in a wagon wheel direction (yes, only out from the lane line). So the wind blows in a different direction for every lane, not counting the swirling, in this heavily wooded course. Lol Luckily, I was squadded with Artie who showed me the ropes and shot great. Photo of score card attached so you can get the idea.
B027B570-E390-4A7D-9A04-45CF1FF4F7F4.jpeg

They have started a new, second course but because of heavy rains the day before it was too wet to use.

Gerald and David do an excellent job keeping the course interesting and fun. A big thank you to them from me. It definitely is one of the better courses I have had the pleasure of shooting. They generally get 10 or more shooters for a match but the previous days rains probably deterred most of them.

As far as distance traveled, I think Paul and I tied at 2.5 hrs each. I am in Richmond, VA to see our newest granddaughter.

Thanks to all the dedicated match directors and helpers around the country who are really the backbone of the sport we all love.

EAE882CA-5974-4476-8D58-82E626E85A5B.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1