• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Benjamin Cayden - low power

check this out - my cayden was being anemic so im like i guess i'll tear into it to see wtf is going on .. look what i found 5mins into it .. a pellet mushed up by the valve .. best guess is i sometimes kick a pellet out of the bore with a rod, it must have fell down into the action is all i can figure, i pick them up off the floor, i must have been hoodwinked by another pellet laying there! .. so it is possible, no matter how unlikely haha .. anyway, it was an easy fix!!!

20231109_091835.jpg

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
This is a more common occurrence than you think. The magazine design is the main issue. When you operate the gun naturally on a bench there usually isn’t an issue. If the gun would slightly jam once due to anything and the magazine doesn’t completely rotate the next pellet,that next pellet has no tension on it. If you pick the gun up and point the muzzle upwards trying to unjam the gun that pellet falls back into the breach and down into the Hammer area.
This could even happen if your magazine is dirty or for any reason does not home out the next pellet to keep tension on it.
The ultimate fix would actually be a magazine designed with a rubber o-ring much like the Carm magazines are and some factory mags.
What lends this issue is the backwards design of a traditional marauder magazine and the oval cut out on the clear cap. Plus the square charging bolt. It is in such a position that if that pellet is loose for any reason and you point the gun in the air it’s gonna fall backwards.
The marauders semi auto magazine was designed with a single hole in the clear cap and not a slot. This helped with that design but Probably not the best for the Turkish guns. I’d say keeping that o-ring around the skirt is the best way for any of the pellets from dropping back.

Last edited: