• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Cattleman air rifles

They are being sold under several different names, all made in the same factory. All have major quality issues. Steer clear!

The initial thread was interesting. Lots of contentious and accusatory posts. I was curious because one of the more known posters here got involved. Was hoping to hear if he had anything more to say like how it would stack up to the low priced offering out there.

The dealer who is trying to repair mine received 30 guns from the manufacturer, the.brand name doesn't really matter. They are made at the same place. He said he had to replace the orings in all of them because they all leaked. These guns are mass produced with very little quality control. On the plus side they have very nice walnut stocks.

20201031_112849.1624905403.jpg
I bought it because of the stock, at one point it was shooting great, but I couldn't stop the constant leaking. The valve and valve stem are being replaced under warranty.

20201031_112849.1624905403.jpg
I bought it because of the stock, at one point it was shooting great, but I couldn't stop the constant leaking. The valve and valve stem are being replaced under warranty.

This is the gun my buddy bought back around October. Said he stumbled upon it on a late night internet spree. He said it was a RAS something. When I went to his house to help him tune it, my first impression was wow, neat gun. It didn’t take long for it to be wow, this thing is bad. He is an Ataman guy so he has certain standards. I offered to take it off his hands and try to make it right but he traded it on a firearm. I will admit it was the stock. If it would have been in a piece of plastic or something tactical, I would have had no interest in buying it to fix it.

The way the previous thread trailed off does not inspire confidence... 

I could forgive the M&B videos - anyone can shoot a bad group with something. But we only ever saw a couple good groups from the gun and that was from Knife's customized, worked over, gun and using his slugs - not exactly reproduceable by the rest of us. I'd like to see Knife pop in here with his current 0.02, but I wouldn't drop money on a Cattleman at this point.

GsT

It was my understanding that the defective bbl'. replacements old be available in the beginning of May. I apologize for not keeping in touch with the manufacturer. Been a very busy last couple of months. 

I have not rec's news of the new production of barrels, and am anxious to learn if the project is still on. 

Once I replaced the hammer guide rod with tool steel, and removed the choke, (lapped and re-crowned bbl.), it became very accurate. Of course this precluded using the tensioning system and shroud. GRRRRR! I installed an ldc by Rocker-1 over at the GTA. and it is a fine shooter with even the very questionable Crosman HP's. Seems the barrel replacement would be #1 on the list. 

I was assured that the production was separate from similar guns, in their own propriety facility. I am not in Turkey, and only relate what I have been told.

I will try and contact the Company and relay what I learn. 

Knife 

Just don't buy those.

Let's buying benjamin airguns if you want cheap-priced airguns.

Do we know?

Is Crosman (East Bloomfield, NY) stocking parts for the Benjamin guns that are made in Turkey?

Also

Where is warranty service handled?

Here or there?

They do have parts and handling service and warranty in New York last I heard. 

Just don't buy those.

Let's buying benjamin airguns if you want cheap-priced airguns.

Do we know?

Is Crosman (East Bloomfield, NY) stocking parts for the Benjamin guns that are made in Turkey?

Also

Where is warranty service handled?

Here or there?

They do have parts and handling service and warranty in New York last I heard. 

Oh good.

We can then surmise that the new Crosman owners have not eliminated all the U.S. jobs

I can say this in regards to the outsourcing of the Benjamin guns to Turkey.... I was more than a little disappointed to learn that they weren’t going to be USA made. However after getting my Kratos I have to be honest with myself and admit that it is the first pcp I’ve owned that I didn’t feel the need to modify a single thing about it.
I’ve collected crosman/Benjamin airguns for a while. In the Kratos I have an air rifle that is superior to any Benjamin I own in accuracy, looks, shot count, quality of the stock, as well as the smoothness of the action.
it is sad that the parent company decided to outsource the Benjamin brand, but they seem to be raising the bar on their quality by doing so. Too bad they can’t figure out how to do that at home. 
It has also certainly brought the Kral brand to my attention and I plan to buy a couple more more of their offerings.