• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Cats vs Dogs

Which is the best pet?

• A dog's the bollocks

Votes: 32 68.1%
  • Cats use a litter box

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • I hate pets

Votes: 6 12.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have cats because I can leave them in the house for a week when I go hunting.
I adopted them as strays, and found the youngest one elk hunting at -40 degrees!

I’ve had dogs too but they are a lot like children for the level of care required.
After these cats die I won’t get any more pets.

I’ll add I like cats because they are still wild beasts at heart and could survive "in country" if they had to, that makes my "prepper" heart happy!

We have cats, birds & koi...but my favorite has to be our old gal that provides "moral support" at the home range. ;)
Little Helper.jpg
New pellet backstop front.jpg

I'm a "both" person. I had one dog as a youngster, but not for very long and two cats that lived into their 20s. Once I became a semi-stable adult, I added dogs to the mix. For the last 25 years, I have always had at least one dog and one cat. Never had kids so pets are my children. Right now? Two dogs, two cats. But me and my cat, Taco K., are the only males and we're outnumbered 2:1...
Now, I love all the pets, but the dogs demand (and command) more of me than the cats. I have developed a bond that is different than what has evolved with the cats because of that, but I do not discount the companionship of a good cat.

cats are generally easier to bury lol ...
Any dog small enough to be easy to bury I don't classify as a "dog" lol.

Burying my 130lb Rottweiler was like digging to China. Had to go deep so he wasn't dug up by the animals. He was the best dog with kids. Would follow them everywhere and sit down by them and guard them. Miss him dearly.

Today has been one year since I had to put my 11 year old pitbull down too. She was the sweetest dog, damn lymphoma took her. That last year was rough watching her die but she was always happy til the end. Makes you realize why people stop having pets as they get older, its hard burying your kids.

Last edited:
Any dog small enough to be easy to bury I don't classify as a "dog" lol.

Burying my 130lb Rottweiler was like digging to China. Had to go deep so he wasn't dug up by the animals. He was the best dog with kids. Would follow them everywhere and sit down by them and guard them. Miss him dearly.

Today has been one year since I had to put my 11 year old pitbull down too. She was the sweetest dog, damn lymphoma took her. That last year was rough watching her die but she was always happy til the end. Makes you realize why people stop having pets as they get older, its hard burying your kids.
Our pitbull/mix unexpectedly was acting strange one day took her to the animal emergency hospital and long story short she passed away. It's been two years and we still miss her, I underestimated the pain and sorrow I would feel when her time came.

Our pitbull/mix unexpectedly was acting strange one day took her to the animal emergency hospital and long story short she passed away. It's been two years and we still miss her, I underestimated the pain and sorrow I would feel when her time came.
We had a black lab/pit mix before the last full bully. She was the absolute best and smartest dog I've known. She ended up having a genetic heart issue that manifested around 6 YO. Doc said 6 months even with being diligent with her mess. We got her to go til she was just past 9 years old. Cost me alot of money and she needed meds every 4 hours, but I wouldn't trade that extra time for anything. I've had to put a few dogs down in my life, and that one was the absolute hardest to take, even knowing full well it was coming.

Had a cat once. It was a piece of crap. Would not keep it’s POI to save it’s life. It’s tail was way too thin, think drinking straw here. Had to stiffen it up with CF, everybody said. That didn’t work either. It always creeped around, very inconsistent pressure regulation. Called the Pet store and was told “that caliber of cat is pretty much hit or miss” Mine was a miss. Ended up giving it away (with full disclosure) for a song.

That experience ruined it for me & now I don’t buy any pets from that pet store even though there are quite a few customers that are happy with them.

Last edited: