• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Catastrophic AirForce EPump Failure

Mid Feb 2019 I purchased an AirForce EPump. It arrived on Feb 22 and the details of my initial experiences are at https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/airforce-epump-overpriced-under-performing-but-runs-off-3-2amp-12v-dc/#post-449138

Total runtime is 12 Ninja w/EZ Valve fills from 3100 PSI to 4500 PSI at 1h 15m. 1 initial bottle fill from 0 PSI to 4500 PSI at 4hrs.

Fast forward to today -- About 30 minutes into the bottle fill from 3100 PSI I went to bleed the system as I normally do from AC power. The motor was stalled and there was a strong odor of overheating. The back of the motor was too warm to touch even with a squirrel cage fan pointed at it. Upon disassembly I noticed the gear guide collar was half way out preventing the system from fully cycling thus stalling the motor in the upward pump position. No fuses had blown. Upon switching the system to DC and using a deep cycle marine battery the 15 AMP fuses blew. Only the DC side appears to be fused, the AC side does not appear to be fused or the fuse system malfunctioned. There appears to be a thermal switch on the gear motor as well and this did not pop up/trip. On the AC side there appears to be some melting of wire between the AC plug connection and the red AC selector switch.

Attempting to tap the collar back into place results in it popping back out around 3100 PSI. There is a minor electrical burnt odor. There is a fairly strong odor of an overheated motor. The DC side now immediately pops fuses upon selection. The AC side will still pump up until 3500 PSI where the guide collar binds against the gear rod teeth.

I will contact the AirForce service department tomorrow and keep this thread updated with the experiences. As it stands now I am unable to fill the bottle.

1553478196_2425821725c9832349be169.00296127_IMG_0840.jpg

1553478216_11111145755c983248b0bad3.61139917_IMG_0838.jpg

1553478297_2810011985c9832993fd5f2.59801070_IMG_0836.jpg

1553478466_5410635265c98334210fb61.15307040_IMG_0839.jpg

Can't complain -- great customer service so far and AirForce is standing behind their product with a repair or replace option at my preference. I took the replace option since I can re-use the packaging to ship the broken unit back to them. Upon next shipment fulfillment it'll be on the way and I'll be back in business. 👍

Isn't air Force the same company that makes the air Force condor, and Texan big bore? I thought they are a american company. Damn shame that make it so hard to get it repair, replaced or refund. I bought my hatsan lighting from field supply but when I had leaking tube problem. I contact the company that makes it's aka hatsan and they replied within 1-2 days. And offer to ship the parts to me for free. Now it's working like a charm. Hope air Force or airgun depot back their products. Good luck.

Yeah the same. AirForce stood behind the product so I can't complain but at the moment I've not yet been refunded by AGD. All in all my biggest complaint in this experience is that it was not streamlined, there was no fixed ETA for a replacement, the one month replacement ETA came and went, and the whole process required a lot more interaction on my part than I felt necessary for a simple refund or replace. Even now it's in my hands to chase down AGD for a resolution which is going to be a time sink based upon my initial order experiences with the darned thing -- https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/negative-experiences-with-airgundepot-com/

I just contacted AGD via E-Mail to notify them no refund has been received and Thursday, May 23, 2019 I will issue a charge back.