Carm slug mag for dreamline

Just recieved mine in the mail today. So of course I had to try it. First I used my carm single shot loader to shoot groups at 50 yards... next up I used the carm slug mag.. the magazine preformed just as well at 50 as my single shot loader. So those on that may be considering a carm slug magazine for their dreamline... no complaints here.. definitely worth thinking about. 

Jason,

Congrats, my recent experience with a CARM magazine for my First Generation Umarex Gauntlet .25 didn't go so well. Magazine was so loose it just fell out, I posted about it not long ago. Have to say most impressed with Darko and CARM, they refunded my money and let me keep the magazine. I used tape to hold it in place for a trial run and it operates so much more smoothly than my OEM. Hope they re-design it to work, I'd buy again. WM 

Jason,

Congrats, my recent experience with a CARM magazine for my First Generation Umarex Gauntlet .25 didn't go so well. Magazine was so loose it just fell out, I posted about it not long ago. Have to say most impressed with Darko and CARM, they refunded my money and let me keep the magazine. I used tape to hold it in place for a trial run and it operates so much more smoothly than my OEM. Hope they re-design it to work, I'd buy again. WM

I do remember reading your post... I almost replied to it... I'm not familiar with your rifle so I didn't... I wondered if yours had an o-ring that holds it snug in the breach? If so how about trying one a bit thicker. I have many carm mags and single shot loaders that work flawlessly.. maybe there was a design change he wasn't aware of.... 

Jason,

Here's the picture I included in my post and that I sent to Darko at CARM. The two plastic nubs "clip" on the part of the barrel that extends into the magazine insertion opening. If you follow the right side of the letter "N" in the word "IN" straight up and down, you'll just make out the nubs. The CARM magazine lacked such nubs and was too thin. With these nubs, and slightly thicker, the OEM mag clicked in place perfectly, not snug, by any means, but firm. I've considered gluing a piece of plastic (thinner than credit card,) cut to fit, with a hole punch used to make openings, just to see if a "snug" fit would work. Can't figure to make those plastic nubs, but a tight fit might work. WM
IMG_20220414_162647.1650946764.jpg

Jason,

Forgot to add, Darko said this was the first they'd run across this situation. My Gen One Umarex Gauntlet .25 was purchased new a year ago so this technology has been around. I've no idea how the Gen 2 Gauntlet OEM mags are, can only speak to mine.

I was prompted to try the CARM when a member posted his Avenger OEM magazine was stuck with several mis-fed pellets. Many said toss the OEM and go with CARM. Heavy Impact named another brand (constructed with Delrin) but their website stated their product wouldn't fit a .25 Umarex Gauntlet. Guess they must have run into the same problem. 

I've no sales records to back this up but I believe the Gen One Gauntlet was more popular in .22 than .25, so that may explain why CARM hadn't encountered problem. WM