• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Carm Magazines?

I am using three Carm magazines in my Air Venturi Avenger wood stock in .22 cal to replace the Chinese crap oem mags that comes with this airguns and they are working flawlessly. In my opinion they are the best aftermarket mags money can buy right know. In fact I am planning to buy a few more for my next pcp airgun I am planning to buy in the incoming weeks a FX Maverick VP.

Reactions: MACTEN
I recently acquired a EVOL 30 that came with 1 original mag and 2 CARM mags. The CARM mags seem to be 3-d printed material, like a tough plastic. their springs seemed softer. Overall, inferior to the factory ones. Now mind you , I haven't used them yet, and their is no reason to expect them not to work, but I did load pellets into them and pushed them out with a small dowel. the CARM mags didn't advance /index anywhere near as easy as the factory mag. For me, laying out this much coin for a gun, I'm not going to EFF around trying to save a couple bucks. IDK, maybe mine are just worn.

@rangu1 Give them a try. The CARM Mags should work fine. I am curious about them not advancing easily. Does it feel like the mags are sticking or something? If not they should be ok to use.
I had some issues with them not advancing occasionally on my Prophet, but those were the open design mags and it turned out my fat cheeks were touching the exposed inner workings of the magazines. I just started paying more attention to that and the problem ceased, I also on the next order went with the closed design and like them a lot better.
I think both are great magazines and a decent price.
Also, the Carm single shot loaders are fantastic!

I use to buy Carm mags but the quality isn't what it use to be and won't be buying more especially with better options made here in the US like Orion and @Elis5173. Elis' mags are significantly better than others IMHO.
I see no issues with the quality of the Carm Mags I have bought. Maybe you just got a bad run.
I did not know Orion was producing magazines and had never heard of Elis mags. I will have to check those out.