"Carefully Selected" Pellets?

I guess "carefully" is a relative term because the .177 JSB Exacts I bought a couple seasons ago also had "carefully selected" on the label, however the head sizes of the supposedly 4.52mm pellets were "all over the place"! Matter of fact, I was shooting unsorted Exacts from my pellet pouch at a THAGC field target match and had two dry fires with my .177 Beeman R9 break barrel. I was really concerned that I was so thoughtless to shoot without loading a pellet, then I noticed a loose fitting (they were all loose fitting) Exact flip out of the leade when relatching the barrel. Then I spent several hours to literally measure the pellet heads of that batch of pellets and this was the result.................

About 2 years ago I was chrony testing my FT gun using Air Arms 10.3 "Diablo Field Heavy" .177 pellets. Everything was going well until I had a shot that dropped 200 fps below the average. I thought I must have a major gun malfunction but kept shooting until a few shots later the same thing happened. Then I took a close look at the tin a pellets and found about 15 pellets that were odd. When I got home I weighed them and found they were 16 grain pellets. As far as I know AA never marketed a 16 grain pellet.