Careful when filling

Was anyone hurt? That is a SERIOUS blow! WHERE on the tank does it say it's 5500 rated? Something is not right!
Maybe VALVE is 5500 rated, NOT TANK. This is serious & scary. PLEASE post a picture of where you're getting the 5500 number from. might be a test pressure # & not working pressure. I've always been concerned someone will make a mistake & get hurt.

Reactions: Bandito
Are you sure about the 6000 psi rating? That tank has no wrap and appears to be just aluminum - I know of no unwrapped tank rated that high, let alone one made of aluminum . . . .

Edit - When I posted this question, his original post said the tank was rated at 6000 psi. He later edited it to 5500 as noted in post #5 but never addressed anything else. There is no way that tank is rated for 5500 psi - probably not even 3000 . . . it could well be a misused CO2 tank that would probably blow at about 3000 psi.
Yea It did right at 3000, guy lost part if his leg

Yea, there is always that "guy"?

In my opinion, this whole story is nothing more than a fabrication? I saw it from the start! LOL

Example) Old crappy bottle, max PSI rating changed from 6,000 to 5,500, no stamped picture of PSI rating. Clearly, no hardcore facts that made any sense.

“Life’s hard; it’s harder if you’re stupid” — John Wayne

Reactions: BSJ
This post is a troll. Several years ago someone on this forum posted about a gold filter that "exploded". There was a straight line crack which implied there was a welded seam that failed. Thee are no seams on an aluminum filter. Tanks, filters and compressors need to be treated with caution but these scare tactic exploding posts don't stand up to questioning.

"Guy lost part of his leg"? What guy? Where did this info come from? This is freaking ridiculous. Pretty sure almost EVERYONE who saw the initial post assumed this happened to OP's tank. I lost the fingers on my right hand while filling last week but they're almost fully grown back, probably be 100% by Saturday. (Two stories of equal truth 🤪 )

I may be missing something here, so forgive me if I am, but someone mentioned a gun or two that was coming out with a >3600 psi aluminum cylinder. You have to remember that smaller, say less than 2.5" cylinders can handle way more pressure than a large diameter tank. If you read the certifications for manufactured pressure vessels, anything less than 2" in diameter, with properly certified engineering specs, never needs redtesting in the US. That is because of the small diameter "rule". So it's not surprising that a gun with a slim, (not a bottle) tube, could conceivably be rated at a higher pressure. My question would be how would you fill a 7500psi gun?

I'm going to convert these to become my filling station. With the name Encore they've got to be rated for at least 5,000.....;)
pcp.jpg

I may be missing something here, so forgive me if I am, but someone mentioned a gun or two that was coming out with a >3600 psi aluminum cylinder. You have to remember that smaller, say less than 2.5" cylinders can handle way more pressure than a large diameter tank. If you read the certifications for manufactured pressure vessels, anything less than 2" in diameter, with properly certified engineering specs, never needs redtesting in the US. That is because of the small diameter "rule". So it's not surprising that a gun with a slim, (not a bottle) tube, could conceivably be rated at a higher pressure. My question would be how would you fill a 7500psi gun?
See tank picture in initial post on this "alternative facts" clown show. It's a large tank. THAT'S what the discussion is really about. Not whether a gun can have a HP aluminum reservoir.