• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

ShinSung Career 707 II trigger adjustment instructions

This was from another forum from years ago. The manual doesn’t tell how to adjust the trigger pull weight, but mentions that the trigger is 2-stage and adjustable down to approximately 2 pounds.

“ Quite simple really!
Push the underleaver forward to cock the gun and apply safety.Turn gun upside down,trigger uppermost,and look between where the lever pivots and the trigger blade,you should see a slotted head grub-screw which must be screwed in to lighten the trigger.Be very careful with any adjustments made.
Once you have the setting to how you like it,loctite the screw in place as it tends to move with use.”

Reactions: Pale_Rider
I've owned several Careers; so have not only tested, monkeyed, and de-tuned them to more sane power levels in order to produce a bell-curve power-band, but taken Careers "to places no (other) man has gone before". That so, I haven't managed to access a Career trigger spring to weaken or replace it.

However, trigger let-off weight also relates directly to how strong is the hammer-spring. So not surprisingly, the lightest trigger-break I've gotten with Careers was 16 ounces, breaking like glass. That was with a .177 Career 2 707, de-tuned to produce "only" around 30 foot-pounds, but consequently also a thirty-shot bell-curve power-band.

Reactions: Pale_Rider
Here's a pic of the trigger adjustment screw on my .22 Career 707 II. Turning the screw clockwise lightens the pull.
IMG_7731.jpeg