Carbon Fiber Sleeve

If you're on the fence about getting one for your FX, jump off and run to your nearest dealer. I was truly skeptical about the benefits. But I figured for the price of a couple of tins of pellets, it was worth a shot. At least in "my"gun it seems to be working great. The groups have tightened up and I'm not getting the same amount of flyers as before. It's not as stiff after installation as I thought it would be though. And as we always say on the forums, "your mileage may vary" so please keep that in mind. But I think it's worth the investment.

Keith.

I also have carbon fiber sleeves on both my Impacts. One is an MK2 set up for pellets and the other is an M3 I am setting up for slugs. The Mk2 seems to shoot pellets vey well with or without the sleeve, But the sleeve made a noticeable difference in the gun set up for slugs. The sleeve in my MK2 is just slid on the liner. It was a pretty snug fir from the start. The sleeve on my m3 needed to be very snug on the liner and also barrel. I didn't want to glue it on to either surface in case I wanted to change out liners in the future so i put a thin coat of clear urethane varnish (spray can) onto the outside of the liner and sleeve this added about 1-2 thou. to the diameter. This made both surfaced fit very snugly and I had zero noticeable play in the liner. Additionally,I dont ever have to struggle with the annoying o-rings on the liner again:) That alone is worth the $30 price tag

Reactions: biohazardman
A coat of urethane or some kind of paint to tighten up the loose tubes is a great idea! Most of them really don't need much.

Exactly...a loose fitting C.F. tube does...nothing beneficial to the stiffness of the barrel !

Any better shooting with a non-bonded, just slid into place sleeve of any material, is a...loose fit, and a figment of the shooters imagination ! A loose fitting sleeve does nothing to strengthen / stiffen the barrel. If the sleeve is..."slid" into place...it's too loose to do any good.

Mike