Carbon Fiber FX Dreamline Shrouds... Easy... And Real...

Ok, it's difficult remove the shroud of the dreamtac?. Have you pics? I have read that the front piece should be removed with a hot gun, but about the rear part I have not read nothing. How it's fixed the barrel to the rear section of the shroud?

This it's a pic of another user. Could be used the front black ring that can be see it in the pic with the new carbon fibre shroud??

1581493370_5835268925e43ac7a28e341.84093560_foto.jpeg

The two fittings on the FX shroud are both threaded into the stock aluminum tube, the parts I used were purchased separately from FX ( I ordered parts to put a thin shroud together for my 600mm .25 barrel so it could be used on my Dream Tac ) It was purchased for my Crown and had the larger diameter "pull out" shroud on it, when I ordered the new parts they were all packaged individually and I was able to see how the stock shroud is put together...

If the shroud is assembled from the factory I found it is very difficult to remove the fittings from the shroud tube, a heat gun is probably necessary, the difficult thing is not scratching the parts trying to take them apart... Best idea might be to order the fittings for the shroud seperately from FX... Or bring yourself to destroy the tube to get the two fittings off, a Dremel tool might help...

Ken

The two fittings on the FX shroud are both threaded into the stock aluminum tube, the parts I used were purchased separately from FX ( I ordered parts to put a thin shroud together for my 600mm .25 barrel so it could be used on my Dream Tac ) It was purchased for my Crown and had the larger diameter "pull out" shroud on it, when I ordered the new parts they were all packaged individually and I was able to see how the stock shroud is put together...

If the shroud is assembled from the factory I found it is very difficult to remove the fittings from the shroud tube, a heat gun is probably necessary, the difficult thing is not scratching the parts trying to take them apart... Best idea might be to order the fittings for the shroud seperately from FX... Or bring yourself to destroy the tube to get the two fittings off, a Dremel tool might help...

Ken

Um seems dificult 

I like the look of carbon fiber, whether its a vinyl wrap or the real thing... I have multiple barrels for my FX rifles, one of the barrel kits I have is a 177 for my Crown... It has the pull out style, larger diameter shroud and does not fit my Dream Tac, I ordered pellet probes for all three of my barrels for both of my FX rifles... I found myself having to swap shrouds between my 500mm 22 and 500mm 177 barrels to use either on my Dream Tac... I ended up with an extra part when I ordered a shroud for my 600mm 25 barrel to use on my Dream Tac, the part I ordered and didn't need was the air stripper, anyhow, I had one extra for the thin style shroud...

Instead of doing a carbon fiber wrap on the stock barrel shroud (which would add weight) I decided to make a real carbon fiber shroud to fit my 500mm barrels... It came out great, a perfect fit and I think it looks great too...

20mm OD X 18mm ID Carbon Fiber Tubing, cut to length (carefully) with a Dremel cut off wheel, the two fittings used on a stock FX Dreamline 500mm barrel shroud, sand the edges of the threads down just a bit until they fit the ID of the carbon fiber tubing, two very small drops of 5 minute epoxy on the threads of each fitting to secure in place...

A couple photos...

1571695546_15231023865dae2bbaa9e806.11127030_WIN_20191021_16_37_52_Pro.jpg
1571695547_18117994565dae2bbb752d91.23861914_WIN_20191021_16_38_09_Pro.jpg

Ken

Where have you bought the end Fittings?