• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Carbon Fiber FX Dreamline Shrouds... Easy... And Real...

I like the look of carbon fiber, whether its a vinyl wrap or the real thing... I have multiple barrels for my FX rifles, one of the barrel kits I have is a 177 for my Crown... It has the pull out style, larger diameter shroud and does not fit my Dream Tac, I ordered pellet probes for all three of my barrels for both of my FX rifles... I found myself having to swap shrouds between my 500mm 22 and 500mm 177 barrels to use either on my Dream Tac... I ended up with an extra part when I ordered a shroud for my 600mm 25 barrel to use on my Dream Tac, the part I ordered and didn't need was the air stripper, anyhow, I had one extra for the thin style shroud...

Instead of doing a carbon fiber wrap on the stock barrel shroud (which would add weight) I decided to make a real carbon fiber shroud to fit my 500mm barrels... It came out great, a perfect fit and I think it looks great too...

20mm OD X 18mm ID Carbon Fiber Tubing, cut to length (carefully) with a Dremel cut off wheel, the two fittings used on a stock FX Dreamline 500mm barrel shroud, sand the edges of the threads down just a bit until they fit the ID of the carbon fiber tubing, two very small drops of 5 minute epoxy on the threads of each fitting to secure in place...

A couple photos...

1571695546_15231023865dae2bbaa9e806.11127030_WIN_20191021_16_37_52_Pro.jpg
1571695547_18117994565dae2bbb752d91.23861914_WIN_20191021_16_38_09_Pro.jpg

Ken

Looks good. Is there enough room between the barrel and tank to get any moderating benefit from the shroud, or does all the silencing depend on what's fitted at the end of the barrel? Are the barrels threaded for a silencer, or is there a fitting on the shroud for the silencer?

The carbon fiber tubing I used was the same OD as the stock shroud, there is a difference in the sound from the aluminum tube for sure, the stock shroud produces a high pitch "ping", the CF shroud a lower pitch sound when fired... I used the stock fittings for a FX shroud to make mine so it has the stock air stripper with the 1/2-20 threads for an LDC on the muzzle...

Ken