• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Carbon fiber bottles 50mm diameter?

I'm planning another BSA Super10 project. This next donor is another MKIII bull barrel. My first carbine was on this same model, but I kept the Luxfer aluminum bottle (50mm dia.) when I added the quick fill unit and I never paid much attention to bottle diameter. When I built my second carbine, it was on a MKII with the exposed barrel. That one I reworked the whole system and went to a Huma bottle regulator/quick fill and I made a plenum to delete the factory regulator. I bought a 220cc carbon fiber bottle and then made a custom shroud for it, but didn't pay attention to the bottle diameter (55mm dia.) since I made the shroud to fit. 

As I would prefer to keep the factory shroud unit while going to a larger capacity C/F bottle, I can't use a contemporary bottle as is typically sold for an FX which is 60mm in diameter. Has anyone run across a manufacturer that has C/F bottles 50mm in diameter? 

I have looked at my MKIII and anything larger than 50mm will not fit without a radical change to the shroud or remake it as an offset design. I realize most normal people probably haven't gone around measuring bottle diameters, but if anyone has run across a manufacturer that does a 50mm C/F bottle, please let me know.

I should probably clarify that the desire to go with a C/F bottle is primarily for weight savings, as the factory supplied bottles are built like a brick outhouse and weigh about the same. I have done a fairly broad search, but many listings for bottles often don't have dimensions, that's why I'm asking here.

Mark

Scott,

Sorry for the delay replying, currently working on a ship. The thread doesn't matter too much to me, I can machine an adapter if needed, but I believe the standard is M18x1.5. 

I had hopes of using a larger capacity bottle without resorting to alterations on the shroud, but I may have to fabricate one regardless of the bottle size in order to go C/F. I have an idea in mind and will have to test a way to put a concave trough in the underside of the shroud tube for clearance.

Mark

Google this: Dye Core 15ci 4500 psi bottlle

I purchased mine from Modern Combat Sports Co. UK -

It's only 15ci/.25 liter, but it is 4500 psi carbon fiber, 50mm od, 5/8 thread

Bought mine for around $175.00 US and used the PayPal 4 payment plan.

1107201626b_HDR.1611834375.jpg

0101211156_HDR.1611834395.jpg

I realise you're probably looking for a larger capacity, but this would be a start.

HTH

Vines

EDIT: here's one on ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dye-Core-15-ci-0-25L-4500psi-Carbon-Tank-/392755148502