Carbon bottle on a wildcat vp

I've been thinking about this option and was discussing it with the guys at pyramid last week.
.The wildcat with the 600mm barrel seems like the way to go. I don't like the weight or look of that aluminum bottle. Adding $250-300 for a carbon fiber bottle is a big bite but I don't see any other options.
I want to keep the overall length down but possibly have the option to handle heavier pellets and or slugs.
Glad to hear others have done this with good results.
Most(90%) of my shooting will be 75 yards or less . I have a woodchuck problem. And was considering a .30 cal
I also get rare coyote that comes through. But here too 90% of my pest problems are small to mid size critters so maybe this is over kill.
Ga lead head, Headshots What caliber did you guys go with?
Any pics of your "midsize" wildcats?

You can buy the FX 480 cc bottle for $195 and use the valve out of the aluminum bottle that comes on the gun. I know this works out to be the same price as the compact but you end up with the 600 mm barrel and a bigger bottle. The gun will only be 4 inches longer and weigh probably a half a pound more. Seems like a good compromise to me.

Reactions: hushpuppy
Corny, any pics?
A8CC39A6-5A29-474B-B564-371F428CF191.jpeg

Not the best photo…but gives the idea

Wow inn
You can buy the FX 480 cc bottle for $195 and use the valve out of the aluminum bottle that comes on the gun. I know this works out to be the same price as the compact but you end up with the 600 mm barrel and a bigger bottle. The gun will only be 4 inches longer and weigh probably a half a pound more. Seems like a good compromise to me.
I think the weight should be a wash as the CF bottle is about 1/2 pound lighter that the aluminum this should offset the additional 4" in barrel lenght( weight)

Something else to consider is the case, the VP does not include the very nice FX hardcase. When you add up the differences in upgrades the VP looks less appealing imo.

If I could do it all over again I would get a Wildcat BT Compact and trade the 300cc bottle for either a 480cc or 580cc. Run a Tanto or Huggett like corny does and youd have the best stalking/hunting setup on the current market. My Impact 500mm is setup that way right now til I run out of 30 Cal ammo and its a couple inches shorter than my Wildcat compact tube version. Weighs about 8.5lbs with an Arken EPL4 and Olight Baldr Pro, but still not as light or ergonomic as a Wildcat.

Reactions: hushpuppy