• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Carbine breakbarrel

I'm looking for a lightweight carbine breakbarrel for light pesting in very dense vegetation. I'd much prefer that that stock be synthetic or very durable. I've been looking into the HW 30, HW50, and the RWS 34 pro compact. The HW 30 seems nice, but has no synthetic option- would laminate be even better? The HW 50 seems great too, but is a little longer and less lightweight. The RWS 34 is heavier, longer and probably has a little too much power for me. I also can't find any specs on how long it is and what it weighs without the muzzlebreak, scope and rings. If anyone owns these guns or has another recommendation, please let me know what you think! Thanks.

The HW30S does come in synthetic. They seem to just be so new to the US they aren't being advertised yet. I bought one from Ken Hicks at SPAW. Shipped through AoA. $306 shipped if I recall correctly. Great gun and a tack driver. Mine was solidly built, everything perfectly aligned. I'm using the JSB 8.44 4.53 head size pellets. Hope that helps.

1542626188_17397894895bf29b8c2442f2.19192433_HW30S_1.jpeg

Yeah, you have two of the same thread going. Send the lightning to my house, I will scuff it up really good for you. Send it your way. That way you don’t have to worry about scratching it up LOL. But seriously, life is short, use your gun and don’t worry about it, at the end of the day it’s just a gun, worst that can happen is it’s resale goes down a bit, but you enjoy your rifle, your sport, your quarry, and your life. 

...those r7 / hw30 guns.... i just dont understand it - not enough power for me.... but one time i asked the airguns of ariz employee i was placing an order with , " since you have access to endless airguns , what is your favorite ? " he first mentioned an expensive pcp , but i said that i meant a real pellet gun that real people can afford. he said , " my r7 - hands down ! " ....and i have repaired many over time - even really old ones that dont even have safety ..... guys said that they've killed many a squirrel with them.... i used to be a magnum whore....now that i'm older (and weaker) , i really like the 12ftlb school of thought, or ideology .....perfect for suburban backyard pesting or shooting. ...idk...maybe as i grey , i'll take to the 600-700 fps (like your hw30) , or maybe even ten-meter style power.........but idk.. ...there was a christophe that i tuned a 350 diana mag for that came out shooting more powerful than i had ever seen....close to 1000 fps with 10 grainers. i thought it might have been you. - raneman.

Paul, I hear ya...in the first days of my getting involved with this hobby, I began following the Tao of Velocity. As I became edumicated, I turned away from that, and became focused on accuracy. To me, it's all about the simple pleasure of shooting. It doen't take a lotta speed and power to do what I do with my rifles...sure, I want to be able to plug the rats that infest my yard, and even the smallest rifles that I have will do that! Put in the pursuit of making just ONE .22 caliber hole in a target...naw, it doesn't need magnum power for that! It's all about what's important to ya!

Hey ranedouglas and Yarddog haven't been checking my posts for awhile... Yeah, I bought it to shoot frogs at close range, so I don't need much. I have had a chance to really test it on that yet, but it did put a hole through a bottle cap at 15 paces or so. I also agree with you both that there's just something nice about perfecting accuracy to the point where you need very little power. I've seen online that others can split cards with this rifle.