• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

N/A CARBINE - Affordable AND Traditional Looking Carbine (less than 40" OAL) Suggestions Please.

I've always liked the looks of the Hortitsia, especially with the 330mm barrel in .22. I like the continuous scope rail for better mounting options and I like the looks of the black ash wood stock. The only thing that concerns me is the after service support being that they're based out of Ukraine. @Vetmx, Any experience with that?
If something goes bad or breaks, I’d just make it. No different than a Taipan or other quality guns from over there with almost zero parts availability.

The version on Zbroias website looks to have a cocking lever versus the bolt on top guns website, and the bolt shown in @Vetmx photos.
Yes, that’s a gen 2 which I didn’t want. I wanted the straight pull bolt. I was concerned until I realized that nobody was importing the gen 2 so luckily I was able to get what I wanted.

The version on Zbroias website looks to have a cocking lever versus the bolt on top guns website, and the bolt shown in @Vetmx photos.
I scouted the internet looking at these.
From what I understand, there have been numerous revisions, including magazine designs over the past few years.
Seems like they offered variations on the color of stain for the stock, and also red and white colors instead of "Blueing".
Most of theme seem to be blued, with a black stock.
I wish more manufactures would offer these "shorties"!

The Huntsman Revere is an awesome gun. But I definitely recommend going with the regulated version so that you are not beholden to constantly minding the power curve sweet spot and limiting your shot counts if you want consistency. Regulated you can just fill to max and shoot dead nuts accurate until it falls off the reg. Regulated guns are far superior, especially for people who just want to shoot pellet-on-pellet without the fuss. There's a reason that nearly all of the newer, quality PCPs being made these days are regulated.

There's videos on youtube showing the difference between regulated and unregulated with this exact gun. Decide for yourself which shot string you would prefer. It's an obvious choice, IMO.

Reactions: Airgun Al
The Huntsman Revere is an awesome gun. But I definitely recommend going with the regulated version so that you are not beholden to constantly minding the power curve sweet spot and limiting your shot counts if you want consistency. Regulated you can just fill to max and shoot dead nuts accurate until it falls off the reg. Regulated guns are far superior, especially for people who just want to shoot pellet-on-pellet without the fuss. There's a reason that nearly all of the newer, quality PCPs being made these days are regulated.

There's videos on youtube showing the difference between regulated and unregulated with this exact gun. Decide for yourself which shot string you would prefer. It's an obvious choice, IMO.

Years ago I had a few un-regulated rifles, and sold them once newer, regulated similar models became available.
Some would argue about the simplicity of unregulated, and I would agree, they are simpler.
But generally speaking, I would always prefer regulated.

Reactions: Spartan
Years ago I had a few un-regulated rifles, and sold them once newer, regulated similar models became available.
Some would argue about the simplicity of unregulated, and I would agree, they are simpler.
But generally speaking, I would always prefer regulated.
Unregulated has a place. Fill em to the predetermined pressure, and refill them at the predetermine pressure, and they can be as reliable as the sunrise.

Regulated guns.....great, while the regulator is functioning properly...and eventually it won't be.

Got done testing some stuff on the RTI .30 and took a walk down to 50 and put up a fresh target. Couldn’t even remember what I was last shooting out of the Zbroia so I looked in the pellet cabinet and saw a tin of JTS with Zbroia written on it. Gun was at 170b so I filled it to 260b and got comfortable. First, this is five cold shots from a refill. Gun has been sitting for god knows how long. Second, the instant I pulled the trigger I thought this is soooo much nicer than shooting a .30. Last, I am not a group poster. They can be 100% BS. But after dropping 5 in this group I had to walk down and take a pic. So Springfield, thats how it shoots at 50. There was zero wind and not even any thermal action tonight. I’m really tempted to try 75 yards before i go to bed.

IMG_5733.jpeg

Well I couldn’t help myself, I had to try 75. I had to zero it at that distance because I had no data to go off of. Here’s 5 at 75 with 18.1’s going 830 ish FPS. It’s a good little gun. And very quiet with no mod. Noticed on these longer shots because of how much harder I had to focus, the trigger is a little spongy or maybe the first stage spring is too stiff. I don’t think it hurt my groups but I may have to take a peek in there and try to make it a little crisper.

IMG_5734.jpeg

Short, affordable, and traditional.
Im looking for a short carbine, that is inexpensive and traditional in apperance.

Id prefer:

1. LESS THAN 41" OVER ALL LENGTH
2. LESS THAN $900
3. .22 or .25
4. TRADITIONAL LOOKING. (Wood stock, no bull pup)
5. ACCURATE TO 50 YARDS.

I have the following on my radar that are close, but are longer than I would prefer:

44" Avenger X
41" Aircuda Max
40" DAR Dynamic Gen. 3

There must be other options.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
Well there's the Hatsan Flash. $380. It's 42.5" inches long. Solid platform. My 22cal Flashpup has the same chassis and is accurate out to 50 yds. I've had it 5 years now? Has never leaked. I don't think it needs a regulater. My first 2 shots on a fresh max fill may be 3/8' high at 35yds? I think the stock on the Flash is buttugly. But that's a personal thing. Steve of AEAC has done a review of the Flashpup if you want to check that out.

Last edited:
Well I couldn’t help myself, I had to try 75. I had to zero it at that distance because I had no data to go off of. Here’s 5 at 75 with 18.1’s going 830 ish FPS. It’s a good little gun. And very quiet with no mod. Noticed on these longer shots because of how much harder I had to focus, the trigger is a little spongy or maybe the first stage spring is too stiff. I don’t think it hurt my groups but I may have to take a peek in there and try to make it a little crisper.

View attachment 432724
Very impressive!
Thank you.

With a short shroud the Marauder is 39.75 inches, can be shorter yet. Shrouds can be cut and threaded or purchased from Tim Hill. As well, Airgun Revisions produces a short Marauder that is about 36 inches long. Aluminum reservoir tubes are available from time to time which puts the weight down around 5.5 pounds with the SynRod stock.