• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Capacitor replacement for generic compressor

Any extension cords should be 12 or 10 gauge, under 25 feet if possible. Breaker for a YH style compressor must be at least 20 amps. Compressor draws more power as the pressures go up. As stated above, nothing else should be on the breaker if possible. If there is another appliance on the breaker, it'll pull too many amps and trip the breaker.

More info needed.

Thank you I have a small fan and the water pump on the power strip. The power strip is#12 and 20 amp rated. The compressor is on a Arc fault breaker and I tested it on different breakers and it trips all. I let it run for three minutes and closed the valves and it trips after 2000 . It's on a cart so I put it on GFI, and Arc fault, and a regular 20 amp. I'm thinking the capacitor is going out on the run side. I looked at it and I can't see anything on it. No mf rating or anything like a label. I'm flying blind and was wondering if anyone else has been here. Thank you for your help 

Running for 3 months fine than suddenly trips breakers is a big point. You say your flying blind, but, you manage to locate a run capacitor. Is there a start capacitor installed also? Most single phase 120vac motors that employ a run capacitor also have a start capacitor. The start will be the larger if the two and is switched out once the motor reaches speed. If you are saying the unit starts, runs, and will produce 2000 psi then trip the breaker, then, while a run capacitor could be the problem, it could also be the motor itself is failing. A motor will run without a run capacitor but would eventually overheat. You could monitor current draw, but, the reality is the cheap 110vac motors are not known for being reliable or rugged. Working for 3 months filling bottles and guns may be all you got from her. You could lookup how to size a run capacitor and pay the $10 for one but don't be surprised if the motor itself is the issue. Good luck with DIAG and let us know what u find.

Hope this helps.
954ad02a28eb1cebecdd0cb362d982f1.1645825113.jpg

Thank you so much for your help. The seller is not in business anymore. I found a listing for it and it's a 8 amp rating and a 1800 watt rating for the motor. Got a splitter and two adapters to the dryer plug and the washer plug has the pump and fan. Got it up to 3000 and I shut it down. Wife has noticed a smell and I have not tried again. I was hoping for a easy fix for something cheap.

Smell 🧐 looks like it will be toast soon if you try to run it. Replacement motor/repair would cost more than the compressor is my guess. Sorry for your loss....bern there. I have a new compressor from Tuxing on order and 🤞with the spare parts I have as backup hope to get a few years or more. I use Secolube 500 oil and 50/50 coolant water mix. This hobby ain't cheap fur sure but sooo much fun. When my Huben K1 puts out a string dime size at 30 yrds I forget about the pumping session to come.🤪