Can't zero scope on new Impact

Hello all. I am pretty new to the air rifle sport but have been shooting other types of guns for the last 40 years. I just put some FX no limit sights on my FX Impact. Sitting on top the rail my Sidewinder Tactical 8.5 x 25 sits 2.8 above the bore. I wanted to set my zero at 20 yards but bottom out on my turrets at just about 1/2 inch. I get 4 complete rotation of the turret. I am shooting the .22 cal Jab 15.9 at 870-880 fps. I realize I can angle my scope mounts but I was hoping to zero at a shirt distance and with them flush and angle them for longer distance. Is my scope just to high to get me a 20 yard zero with this scope?

That is a pretty close range to zero a scope that is mounted that high. I have to crank the elevation turret all the way down and use hold-over on my Impact to shoot close up with a 8-32 x 56 Hawk, (which has medium height rings), . Make a dope card for holdover at various ranges and tape it to the gun. I also have to remove the cheek piece to get my eye down close enough for using the medium rings, but it's better than living with high rings. High cheek-welds are the main problem with Bull Pups in my opinion.

Yeah I figured that. I didn't have the issue when I used a medium set of Burris rings. I could just pop the back up a bit since they are no limit rings but that's not the most ideal. I have been playing with chairgun a bit and if I can get my pellet to shoot at 850-870 and zero at 50 then it will also be zeroed at 25. One question I have about this Hawke Scope. It has a crosshair in the middle so when ranging using the mildot is it to the bottom, middle or top of first mildot?Show quoted text

I started this thread last year sometime and wanted to say that I discovered my original problem with my .30 Impact was not the scope or rings but the scope rail was installed on the gun crooked. on close inspection, you can even see the misalignment along the edges. I have not tried to re-align it, as the allen cap screws are countersunk and allow no lateral adjustment. I was able to swap the rings around which changed alignment just enough to get on target with a good amount of windage turret adjustment. 
​ For 2,000$ I would expect a gun with a correctly positioned scope rail, that doesn't run you out of windage adjustment.
​ I was never able to tighten up the groups as well as my .25 Marauder shoots, so I gave up on shooting at 100 yards with it and mounted a cheap $15 laser on it for shooting rabits at night at close range. A disappointing rifle.

That's funny. I was in a regular firearms store getting some scope caps for my scope and the salesman told me the same thing. I looked at it and couldn't really see anything and he said "trust me I have been in this business a long time I can easily spot things like that". I'm not having much issues with left and right. Mainly just running out of adjustment with the high mounts. I'm going to zero in at 50 yards and my close zero should be 25. I had 3 squirrels, 1 ground hog and 1 rabbit come as close at 10 feet from me today. I let them go as that wasn't going to be a challenge. I will wait for them to be a bit further out