Can't zero scope on new Impact

I would start with optically centering the scope. I had this problem when zeroing at 50yards and ran out of elevation. All the research I had done pointed me towards optically aligning the scope then try to zero. However, missing a paper at 10 yards leads me to believe that something must have been way off. So start at the mounts make sure your barrel is set correctly. Then Optically zero scope hope that works.

I ended up returning my Aeon Trajectory and picked up a Hawke (20x 1/2 mildot) with a reticle that suited my needs better.

Spysir, I live so far from Tennessee, that I have never even been there; I don't think you could get there from here. but thanks for the offer. I should have another Hawk scope to try in a few days, and if that one is off too, I will next try flipping the rings. If the POI still stays about the same, I will ship the barrel back to AOA. the only other possible cause is if the weaver rail is machined cockeyed where it mounts on the action; not likely but possible, especially since it is probably one of the retrofitted guns that had non standard groove spacing on the original rails.
As for the Scope height; I have medium height Hawk rings, which I have determined will work for me with a little work on the cheek rest. I will not use the high rings.....I would rather get surgery on my face to make it fit the gun........almost.

STEEVE - sorry to hear you are still having problems.
If you think Tennesse (whatever spelling) is too far then I am in the UK ! (but would come round to yours with a known good scope at the drop of a hat).

Some knowledge of both Guns and Optics tells me this -

Most likely reasons are:
1) the scope
2) the mounts (the dovetail screw-in side of Hawke rings has 2 diff.depth options I believe 'Big Bite' and 'Little Bite' - just a thought, I'm sure you have that covered). 

( deliberate gap :) )

3) the barrel, of course, have you tried reseating the barrel ? (not spinning or anything but a test more for depth). Also check the shroud/sleeve isn't affecting the barrel.

Very best of luck with this - sorry to end with a gloomy note but...

I think you said you bought that scope S/hand from the Yellow sales section ? Here's the prob...
why did the vendor want/need to part with it ???

High optical center over bore, Ditch the 56mm Objective for a smaller one, and get the lowest rings possible. I am told FX is ma king NO Limit rins for it maybe this is wby the Wever Rail, see it in the powder burning wold all the time. Want you to spend that money on their accessories. Mine did same thing, used alot more elevation then my Bobcat however, I have one full rotation and the XLR Christmas tree reticle. I only use HORUS style reticles and MILRAD scopes First Focal Plane anymore. Way too many benefits, i.e. using top hashes marks for close in shots.

My ADM DELTA QD mount fit right on mine like a glove.?? No leaks as of now, if you are taking down the gun alot be careful of the bbl seals not getting nicked. I am new to the PCP world and went straight to FX, Low and Behold, FX does the same crap as in the Centerfire world. Came out with a MK2 Bobcat basically killing the value of your MK1 you paid almost $2k for. Then FX brings out the gun that the Bobcat should have been all along and can't keep up with orders on the gun or magazine.

It is 2 AM and I am ready to call it quits for the night. In the morning I will check the Hawk mounts for the mentioned steps in the dove tail, to see if I have them and if so, make sure both rings are on the same step height. Never noticed that feature when I installed them.
I am out of luck with the scope I was expecting to borrow; it has a one inch tube and he only has the smaller dove tail rings for it, so won't mount on my Impact. If my scope turns out to be the problem, I spent 300$ for it; I could try to get my money back from the PO, or try selling it as-is. The warrantee is only good for the original purchaser. Maybe he will take it back, if not, there is always the BOI to report it on, or Paypal to get a refund. Too early to worry about that I guess. I waited 5 months to get this gun; I've had it for three weeks and still can't use it. My Marauder has an air leak now, so never have air in it when I need to shoot something, until I have time to figure out what seals to order and have them shipped, I'm un-armed. What a drag.

I don't see how those could possibly work properly. First off, if you put these in a 30mm ring, the 30mm scope tube will not fit in the rings, due to the smaller diameter created in the inserts. If they are for putting a 1 inch scope in a 30mm ring and are eccentric or offset bored, and you use both halves in the rear ring, the scope will not contact the front ring surface properly. If they are taper bored/molded and you use the thicker shell in bottom of the rear ring and thinner one in the bottom of the front ring, the bottom of the scope tube can only sit square with the inserts when at a single given distance between the front and rear rings and that is assuming there are 4 shim halves, 2 for the bottoms and 2 for the tops,(only 2 halves are shown in the picture). Spread the rings apart or move them closer together and the bores will not line up. It is unlikely that you will have the same ring spread as the tapers are designed to be correct at. The best that you can hope for is if you have a small tube scope and you leave the ring clamp bolts fairly loose, because if you tighten them they will put the tube in a bind due to the bores not being concentric and parallel to the tube centerline, and damage the scope. A Mickey Mouse way to get your scope tilted, unless they are made to work with a certain length one piece mount that is bored oversize to begin with.

I had to look those adaptors up only because of the different font, almost looks a fake ( but seemingly NOT) to U.S. folks.
http://eu.hawkeoptics.com/mount-inserts-1.html

I also still do not see how they would work (well) unless perhaps if the top of the rings was lapped which you couldn't do. I guess just do NOT tighten them much. I didn't check to see if this "hawke" part was U.S. available or not.

John

I agree with you STEEVE - those inserts look to be what we call a 'bodge' fix, here in the UK. (You could fabricate something similar from chewing gum - it sets semi-hard eventually !).

I hope you get more time to sort the problem now the weekend is here.

If I were just up the road from you (which I aint) I would bring round 2 things:

A set of BKL rings which are near as dammit guaranteed to be correct (by all who use them), preferably the double strap variety (but I only have the single type unmounted right now/here - its a PCP not .50 cannon, they would be equally OK).

A simple uncomplicated scope like an old Simmons WTC.

I would suggest trying in that order on a Cost / Benefit way of thinking (mounts are cheaper than scopes). That's even though I suspect the scope you have.

But my big heavy hand of guidance :) would be to try/test only ONE thing at a time.

Well, that's all just guidance, of course - keep us posted & we are all on your side here !