• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Can't Shoot My M3 Still

So. I was excited to find my valve stop in the mail today.

I immediately set to finishing the power kit install for the M3. I needed to install a new pin probe because the one from the fx kit bent. Which i thought odd because of my mishap with the valve stop i didn't even cycle the action but a couple times with the fx pin probe installed. I thought ahead and ordered a Nielson ammo pin probe while i was waiting for parts.

BUT

Turns out there was only one alignment pin on the fx probe block. So i cant install the nielson pin prob or even reinstall correctly the fx pellet probe because of alignment issues?!?!

I called fx and customer service rep put me on hold to connect me with a tech but the call was disconnected and when i called back no answer. Ive been more than patient. My gun has been unusable for 3 weeks. The wrong part was orginaly sent out when first contacted fx. I bare some blame as i didnt use an order number. But squirel seasons ends this month. kinda want to drop some tree rats!

Oh i also ordered a barrel grub screw through the site but nothing on that. I did however find mine. i place everything in my case as i remove it and it turned up after turning my case upside down.

Also. Is there a guide on installing the neilson pin probe? and it seems like the threads on one side of the probe block are harder to screw in then the other which is concernedly easy?

Any and all help would be much appreciated? FX? Neilson? Forum Members?

Really like to get my gun back together and in working order some time this year! :/

My FX probe (M3) only came with one alignment pin. Saw a YT vid where E Rowe said to make SURE you had 2. I called FX. They told me that 2 pins are not really necessary after all. They said to make sure the 1 pin is in the front hole, and done so, there is no way the assembly can twist or misalign when you tighten the screw on top. I told them I am anal retentive, they sent me a pin and I put 2 in. The choice is up to you.

My FX probe (M3) only came with one alignment pin. Saw a YT vid where E Rowe said to make SURE you had 2. I called FX. They told me that 2 pins are not really necessary after all. They said to make sure the 1 pin is in the front hole, and done so, there is no way the assembly can twist or misalign when you tighten the screw on top. I told them I am anal retentive, they sent me a pin and I put 2 in. The choice is up to you.

I believe every generation of impact only came with one pin even though there are two holes.

Thanks guys.

when i went to tighten the screw the probe did turn relative to the rod? I think i would feel better with 2 pins. lol

And also my pin was in the rear position?

Going to talk to a fx tech eventually to make sure.

And further 2 pins are listed in the schematics on the fx usa site?

Thanks guys.

Nielson Ammo confirmed the one pin also.

Probably why there was lock tight on the screw holding the block.

I put it together and fired some shots and didn't seem to move.

Maybe get some lock tight tomorrow to make sure.

it did move previously causing my fx power kit pin probe to bend.

Would feel better if there was 2 pins for sure...i mean why put 2 holes and not have 2 pins? The whole point of the 2 pins would be to make sure the probe was lined up with the rod and be straight in to the breach?

OK.I was getting a lil frustrated. I calmed down and tried again.

After lookn at things again and following the directions on the utah air site i realized there is no need for 2 pins really because of where the probe housing sits.

I was trying to install like the fx directions showed on you tube. When i took off the side plate to do it like the utah air site illustrated it made more sense.

Still dont know how the fx pin probe got bent though?

Any rate got the gun put back together and chronied a few shots to see if there has been a power difference. I forgot i had pellets not slugs in my mag....the first shot sounded like a 22 rim fire. lol after loading some neilson slugs (24.8gr) They were moving at bout 950 fps....so considering the 500mm barrel going to call it a success...FINALLY! Still a lot of tuning to do but least the gun is operational again! :)

Hope this helps other newbs...lol

I want to give a shout out to Nielson Ammo for taking the time (after work hours) to Answer my questions!

Life is much better without FX

Just a personal perspective with 4 past FX platforms.

Purchasing to constantly work on is stupidity.

A simple fact backed by thousands the last 2yrs.

I don't know about that, I love my M3, Tinkering with the guns (granite sometimes its easy to mess something else up) is half the fun right there. Once you get that amazing tune and everything is smooth. Feels good to me.