Can’t pm other members (classifieds)

The minimum 10 post threshold is just one of the requirements. A moderator has to still grant you access to the Classifieds and P/M capabilities.
Thank you Yenniedn. I had the same question and found the answer in the previous threads from new users.

MadeintheUK, the 10 post rule is mentioned in forum rules but neither the general forum rules or classified section info actually mention that there is a moderator review in addition to post count. So I would expect that us newbies continue to show up, make 10 dumb posts, and then ask why we can't respond to a buy/ sell ad. Some scam protection is nice, but in general marketplaces work better the more people are participating...

Thank you Yenniedn. I had the same question and found the answer in the previous threads from new users.

MadeintheUK, the 10 post rule is mentioned in forum rules but neither the general forum rules or classified section info actually mention that there is a moderator review in addition to post count. So I would expect that us newbies continue to show up, make 10 dumb posts, and then ask why we can't respond to a buy/ sell ad. Some scam protection is nice, but in general marketplaces work better the more people are participating...
It's actually states 10 QUALITY posts (dumb ones won't get you there) and a 10 day waiting period it seems. Just sit back and enjoy the ride for a bit. Talk to people and get yourself known. Many people won't deal with people in the classifieds if their history doesn't give off a decent vibe.

Like the posts, the classifieds work better with more QUALITY sellers and buyers. Weeding out the ones who are selling bubba-ed guns and potential scammers is well worth it. If you need/want something, there's almost always someone looking to part ways if you ask. The system really does work pretty well.

The minimum 10 post threshold is just one of the requirements. A moderator has to still grant you access to the Classifieds and P/M capabilities.
True, there are more requirements than making 10 quality posts. However, a moderator does not grant anyone access to anything. The forum is programmed with certain parameters in place and we, even as moderators, are powerless to circumvent these programs.

While the 10 post rule can be frustrating, it has exposed a massive amount of scammers which you, as members, don't see. I would caution anyone against making "junk posts" to meet the 10 post minimum. Doing so could cause your posts to be removed which would start the whole thing over again. I've also seen it happen, many times, where a buyer or seller looks into a new members posts, sees the junk posts, and then flags that member as being a potential scammer. This causes a whole other chain of events to happen.
It's MUCH better to just get into a conversation and chat.
Mod2

"In order to create a new ad in the Classifieds forum you must have a minimum of 10 quality posts or replies. If your ad is posted incorrectly and requires attention by a moderator, you will receive a warning. Repeat offenders may temporarily lose their posting privileges, so please follow these instructions:"

I do not see a waiting time period in these rules, but I do remember a mod saying 10 days,,, must be a change in the programing, but missed being written in the online rules that we read.

Last edited:
Reactions: EBSARG
This has been a super helpful thread.

Have been wanting to mesage a seller but am unable to as I joined today. Super stoked to get into this sport!
Welcome to AGN. Sit back, read, learn, etc. Start a meaningful conversation, or hop in one. (Just try not to take it over) Get to know people and tell what interest you. PCP, Springer, C02…….Guys here will steer you in the right direction. Help with the “Buy once, Cry once” Time here goes fast. Lot of good folks here with a lot of knowledge. Classified section is a privilege and will change daily. Once your in. Your wallet will be empty.

Reactions: skip_tooth_hero
Welcome to AGN. Sit back, read, learn, etc. Start a meaningful conversation, or hop in one. (Just try not to take it over) Get to know people and tell what interest you. PCP, Springer, C02…….Guys here will steer you in the right direction. Help with the “Buy once, Cry once” Time here goes fast. Lot of good folks here with a lot of knowledge. Classified section is a privilege and will change daily. Once your in. Your wallet will be empty.
🤣 hopefully not empty, I need money for more motorcycle parts too!

• Love
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1