Can’t make the decision on what to get!

Ok guys, 

im asking for your airgun wisdom yet again!

im in the market for my next airgun. To give you some background, I got into Airguns in the beginning of COVID again after a 20yr hiatus from the sport. Al I knew was springers, so when I got back into it, that’s what I went for. Long story short, in this short time, I’ve had many Airguns both budget and high end, and I’m now down to a couple. 
Im an avid woods walker, and pester, and am looking for something to go into the woods with, but is just as happy on a tripod. I currently have a leshiy classic that I absolutely love for woods walking, but it lacks the power and multi shot for things like raccoon or turkey that I might encounter on my permissions. 
I recently sold a really nice impact mk2 that was built and tuned for me by the one and only Ernest, and I’m regretting it even though it’s been less than a week. My gripes with the impact, is I’m a pull it out and shoot it kinda guy. I don’t mind tinkering, but I don’t want to be doing it all the time. Even though the impact was setup pretty nice, I couldn’t stop messing with it and making it more mine! That cost a lot of time, and a lot of money. Money I’ll never get back, and time I didn’t get to hunt. 

anyway, with all that said, I have a couple guns in mind to go to from here. 

Leshiy 2

Impact M3 (when it comes off back order)

Maverick 

Widcat mk3

i have a wildcat mk2 in .25 that is built for real high power but it’s more of a tripod gun now. I’d like to have something in between the leshiy classic, and the wildcat I have to shoot in .22 being able to shoot both pellets and slugs fairy accurately. Not looking long range, or rediculous high power. Just something I can tune quickly for pellets or slugs depending where im going and what I’m shooting. 

im a fanboy of fx (because I’ve owned a bunch), and the leshiy is awesome. Not interested in kalibrgun, or agt, or anything really heavy and wooden. 

Sorry for the long winded post, and thanks in advance for any advice you can give!

I have a Maverick sniper in 25 cal. The biggest pain is the duel regs. Which when I say pain it’s because you have to set the first reg degas gun and set second reg. A third gauge would be nice. But ones they are dialed in they are real constants. Have mine tuned for the 29 grain nsa slugs at 980 fps. The group really well. I find the Maverick like a firm hold. Reg 1 is set at 140 and reg 2 at 107. The IHS is set at 3.75mm. Factory was at 3.10mm I would also recommend swapping out gauges to the Wika gauges. Much easier to read I put 2 28mm gauges on the gun. I like the Leshiy 2 but $2000 for a base gun with a 250mm barrel is hard to justify. Then you have to spend upwards of $700 for a longer barrel, hand guard and moderator, not including the 300cc bottle. 

Hello I have both an RTI priest and an Edgun L2 250 barrel both are 22 cal shooting 15.89 JSB hades RTI @ 975 and the L2 @ high 800s (corono crapped out). As a back packing knock around gun the L2 is great, rugged, accurate enough (for pesting) and compact. The RTI is more accurate But not nearly as rugged (great bench gun) knocked the barrel into the bench when packing up or slipped off bags on bench and hit the bench (Not very hard either with enough pressure to make a light clap if clapping hands) and knocked gun out of zero. This has happed a few times each time the zero moved at an average of 3 to 5 inches at 45 yds. I like them both but each have a place the RTI shines in its accuracy as the L2 shines in its compactness and ruggedness. Just my experience with these 2 guns hope this helps Eric 

personally i wouldnt take an expensive gun setup into the woods .. id take something capable thats gonna be just fine if i slip on the rocks and it hits them and winds up in the creek lol ... i wouldnt even take my nice midrange guns, but thats me, aint nobody to impress out there but the wildlife lol .. id probably take my mrod 25 if it had to be an airgun ...

Hello I have both an RTI priest and an Edgun L2 250 barrel both are 22 cal shooting 15.89 JSB hades RTI @ 975 and the L2 @ high 800s (corono crapped out). As a back packing knock around gun the L2 is great, rugged, accurate enough (for pesting) and compact. The RTI is more accurate But not nearly as rugged (great bench gun) knocked the barrel into the bench when packing up or slipped off bags on bench and hit the bench (Not very hard either with enough pressure to make a light clap if clapping hands) and knocked gun out of zero. This has happed a few times each time the zero moved at an average of 3 to 5 inches at 45 yds. I like them both but each have a place the RTI shines in its accuracy as the L2 shines in its compactness and ruggedness. Just my experience with these 2 guns hope this helps Eric

I was worried about the ruggedness also. Woods walking can cause it to get a bit knocked around. If the prophet is that touchy, it’s not for me. You think the L2 is rugged enough? I know it’s got more moving parts than the classic leshiy, but do ou feel like it’s up to par with one?

personally i wouldnt take an expensive gun setup into the woods .. id take something capable thats gonna be just fine if i slip on the rocks and it hits them and winds up in the creek lol ... i wouldnt even take my nice midrange guns, but thats me, aint nobody to impress out there but the wildlife lol .. id probably take my mrod 25 if it had to be an airgun ...

I hear ya, but luckily most of my woods walking is in dry woods, and I’m pretty careful with my stuff. That being said, if it’s a nasty rainy day, I’d probably bring my leshiy classic anyway. I know that won’t be phased by wet weather or mud. One of my biggest worries is weight. I’ve carried mild to heavy guns through the woods, and it gets old fast. Even slinger over the shoulder. I can carry my leshiy for miles, and it doesn’t phase me at all. 

Hello I was equally as worried prior to buying it and a pested Brian from Edgun West with a lot with questions. I initially was going to get an Edgun Lelya2 and had one on back order from Brian (none coming any time soon) so after a lot of question in regards to it reliability and ruggedness I ended up with the L2. I have a small padded back pack I throw it in when hiking and once deep enough into the trail I'll take it out of the pack. (at this time I just hold it no sling yet but will probably do a Tactical Tailor single point sling). Once the gun is in the shoot ready position (not folded ) there is really not much you can do to it, its pretty solid( using an Eotech 552 with a YHM riser rail so I can use a magnifier or a pvs14 nv ) Hope this helps Eric

if you want a rugged tuff gun, go for the Evol (you know i got one in 30 Cal.) that is a tuff gun, made for hunters.. i use to have the red wolf in .25 and the cricket tactical 2 in .22, for me, this is way better gun... i been able to do 1MOA 5 shots groups using 44.75 grains with this gun at 100 yards and im not a good shooter by any mean

I LOVE the evol, but I just don’t have the funds for it! I can just squeeze $2k, there’s no way I can come up with another $1k lol. You’re not wrong, it’s probably the best hunting pcp available!

Ok guys, 

im in the market for my next airgun. To give you some background, I got into Airguns in the beginning of COVID again after a 20yr hiatus from the sport. Al I knew was springers, so when I got back into it, that’s what I went for. Long story short, in this short time, I’ve had many Airguns both budget and high end, and I’m now down to a couple. 
Im an avid woods walker, and pester, and am looking for something to go into the woods with, but is just as happy on a tripod. I currently have a leshiy classic that I absolutely love for woods walking, but it lacks the power and multi shot for things like raccoon or turkey that I might encounter on my permissions.
I recently sold a really nice impact mk2 that was built and tuned for me by the one and only Ernest, and I’m regretting it even though it’s been less than a week. My gripes with the impact, is I’m a pull it out and shoot it kinda guy. I don’t mind tinkering, but I don’t want to be doing it all the time. Even though the impact was setup pretty nice, I couldn’t stop messing with it and making it more mine! That cost a lot of time, and a lot of money. Money I’ll never get back, and time I didn’t get to hunt. 

Leshiy 2

Maverick 

Wildcat mk3

i have a wildcat mk2 in .25 that is built for real high power but it’s more of a tripod gun now. I’d like to have something in between the leshiy classic, and the wildcat I have to shoot in .22 being able to shoot both pellets and slugs fairy accurately. Not looking long range, or rediculous high power. Just something I can tune quickly for pellets or slugs depending where im going and what I’m shooting. 

im a fanboy of fx (because I’ve owned a bunch), and the leshiy is awesome. Not interested in kalibrgun, or agt, or anything really heavy and wooden. 

Sorry for the long winded post, and thanks in advance for any advice you can give!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Andy, I believe you have come very close to answering your own question.

• You love the Leshiy Classic but want more power and follow up shot; Leshiy2 in 350mm barrel and semiauto will keep the love alive. .25 might be a viable option for the power solution. Checks most of the boxes.
  • You have a WC MK2 in .25 and would like something in-between the Leshiy and WC in .22 that would include adjustability "on the fly" for slugs and pellets at shorter distances (under 100 I would guess) ; The WC MK3 Compact is perfect for 100+- and is no slouch for power, also filling the requirements here and checking a few different boxes than the Leshiy2. It is very adjustable with the twist of the Power Wheel and can be tuned for solid power in .22 for pellets and slugs.
  • You know how both of these fell in hand, making for a seamless transition to a more fulfilling experience. 
  • Consideration for each might include parts availability.
  • Disclosure: I have both the Maverick and the WC MK3 in .22 and .30 respectively, allowing 2 different platform in 2 different calibers. Oh what fun it is!

Other's suggestions are very good as well, worth considering. Curious to hear what your next purchase will be. Enjoy.

Patrick

Ok guys, 

Leshiy 2

Maverick 

Wildcat mk3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Andy, I believe you have come very close to answering your own question.

• You love the Leshiy Classic but want more power and follow up shot; Leshiy2 in 350mm barrel and semiauto will keep the love alive. .25 might be a viable option for the power solution. Checks most of the boxes.
  • You have a WC MK2 in .25 and would like something in-between the Leshiy and WC in .22 that would include adjustability "on the fly" for slugs and pellets at shorter distances (under 100 I would guess) ; The WC MK3 Compact is perfect for 100+- and is no slouch for power, also filling the requirements here and checking a few different boxes than the Leshiy2. It is very adjustable with the twist of the Power Wheel and can be tuned for solid power in .22 for pellets and slugs.
  • You know how both of these fell in hand, making for a seamless transition to a more fulfilling experience. 
  • Consideration for each might include parts availability.
  • Disclosure: I have both the Maverick and the WC MK3 in .22 and .30 respectively, allowing 2 different platform in 2 different calibers. Oh what fun it is!

Other's suggestions are very good as well, worth considering. Curious to hear what your next purchase will be. Enjoy.

Patrick

You are very wise in your response. Reading your highlighted version of my post really puts it into perspective for me. I did indeed come close to answering my own question. Maybe I have in fact answered it already, and are just looking for others to solidify that choice. The 2 you narrowed it to are indeed 2 of my 3 last choices. Lastly being the maverick compact. I’m leaning closer to the leshiy 2 though. I’m sure you’ve noticed that from my wtb classified ads. Lol. 
thanks again!

Some narrowed down to Leshiy 2 or impact M3 compact. I know new M3’s are on preorder for 3-5 months, so maybe I get the Leshiy 2 (which is in stock), and get an M3 next year when the preorders calm down. Unless someone has one they’re looking to sell used. I think that’s the only way I’ll be getting an M3 any time soon. 
couple more days, and I pull the proverbial trigger on whatever choice I make. Thanks for all the advice as usual guys!!

Used EVOL Mini 22 - have been listed for around $2000 in classifieds in the past. 

If you value the ruggedness of the Leshiy Classic and want a repeater with a bit more oomph, the EVOL 22 mini would be a good choice. I have a standard EVOL 22 and a Leshiy Classic 22. I like both of them over my FX Maverick for rough and tumble hunting.

Didn’t last very long. Gone before I woke up. Lol