• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Can't decide! I'm all over the place.

I've decided I want a springer (not gas ram - even though initially I did) to go with my PCP. I love the ease of accuracy and multi-shooting with my PCP. But, at times I don't want to worry about psi, bars, regulating, etc., and I just want to grab a tin and start shooting.

I originally ordered a Crosman Ultra Mag multi-shot .22 because it was inexpensive andI wanted something I didn't really care about if it got dropped, wet, dirty, let me nephews shoot, etc. However, I cancelled it within the hour. NOW I primarily want a Weihrauch, maybe a Diana RWS in .22. I'll primarily be shooting 25-30 yds at home, but I want the option of shooting further (50-100) with some accuracy when given the chance. I'm looking at HW 98, 77k, 97k, 80 and RWS Air King 54, 48.

They all look like great guns. Other than the differences in under lever and break barrel, which would you choose? Thanks everyone, I'm all over the place with this decision. 

Get the 54 if you intend to stretch it out to 100. In .22 it will be the best bet. As a side lever, you can still mount a rail and bipod underneath if you like. As a sled gun, you don't have to master the artillery hold before you start getting good results.

Just be aware you will need an RWS bullseye sliding mount or a really strong mount and a proven magnum springer rated scope. No free lunch I suppose. 😉

2-Cents

Yes for $240 the DWS 54 can't be beat either.

It's like one almost third the price.

No Springer or gas ram gun can beat it's accuracy past 50 yards. It will hang with many PCPs out to 200 yards too.

If only shooting 30-35 yards maximum and no need to shoot 50-100-150+ yards and beyond then pretty much any Springer should do once you master the artillery hold.

If you want to shoot 100 + yards accurately and you can hold up gun at 10 lbs + scope 2 lbs 12 lbs total I would go with the RWS 54 in .22 . PCP accuracy in a springer. I own a 54 and a 56 in .22 super accurate powerful springer. The HWs are good too but do not have the anti recoil system like the RWS 54 and 56.

I'm not worried about weight. I'm a fit 6'3", 225 lbs, so I'm used to weight in my hands. However, 'I foresee myself' doing mostly bench shooting. Is there any reason to choose the 54 over the 56 or vice versa?

No Springer or gas ram gun can beat it's accuracy past 50 yards. It will hang with many PCPs out to 200 yards too.

If only shooting 30-35 yards maximum and no need to shoot 50-100-150+ yards and beyond then pretty much any Springer should do once you master the artillery hold.

Yea, more like for $500 it can't be beat. You should probly send it back or better yet to me cuz you stole that one at $240. ;^)

Got to love the 54s for sure one of the best springers made these days or for that matter any of the days.

2 cents...

I had a Diana AM03. Nice rifle, accurate, fun. I got the combo and was really impressed with the scope mount. The spring action protects the scope and holds zero. 

I had a chance to shoot the Sig Sauer ASP20 while competing on the "American Airgunner Challenge". I was very impressed with the performance of the rifle. So much so, that I picked one up for myself shortly after filming the show. The biggest downside, imo, was that the silencer is welded on to the barrel. 

Good luck with your choice!! 

Tom

Where the heck can I find a 54 or 56? Seems like everyone is out of stock,

Keep trying Umarexusa with updated discounted code it's 15% off shows out of stock try 50 x a day you will get one few buddies did after 50x a day trying.

There's one 4sale on AGW classifieds for $450 plus shipping. Highly doubt anyone bought it after disclosing he recently bought it from Umarexusa. ($299 before discount)

GO Make it worth his $210 effort.

I recently paid $500 for a used RWS 54 couple months ago so don't feel too bad at least for that $450 he claims to be brand new.

Surprised you never tried the RWS 54 or 56. They will effectively quadruple the TX200's effective range. Maybe even quintuple it.

Mine is a Paul Watts TX200 and only good to 60 yards. My 54s and 56s smoke it.

You probably be done with PCPs after that.

I didn’t buy a springer to be a long bomber. That’s what my PCP’s are for. Now my niece on the other hand can shoot 60yrd groups with my TX that rival PCP groups. I guess she has the magic touch because I sure can’t. 

Keep trying Umarexusa with updated discounted code it's 15% off shows out of stock try 50 x a day you will get one few buddies did after 50x a day trying.

There's one 4sale on AGW classifieds for $450 plus shipping. Highly doubt anyone bought it after disclosing he recently bought it from Umarexusa. ($299 before discount)

I recently paid $500 for a used RWS 54 couple months ago so don't feel too bad at least for that $450 he claims to be brand new.

Thanks Odoyle, I replied to the AGW Classifieds and purchased the RWS 54 you mentioned. Thanks, again.

Also, Umarex told me they have no plans to get more 54s in the foreseeable future. But you never know.

Thanks Odoyle, I replied to the AGW Classifieds and purchased the RWS 54 you mentioned. Thanks, again.

Also, Umarex told me they have no plans to get more 54s in the foreseeable future. But you never know.

You had better state how much $$$ you just saved because it kinda doesn't look good and uncharacteristic of me. 😆

You had better state how much $$$ you just saved because it kinda doesn't look good and uncharacteristic of me. 😆

Ha-ha-ha! Originally, I wanted the .22, but was looking hard at the Diana 54 in .177 at AoA for $558 + tax, with free shipping. But I hesitated because I really wanted the .22, that's the caliber I already have and like. In the end, I ended up saving $134 to use towards a scope, which ODoyle is also helping me with.

Anyone looking for the 54 in .177 should look at AoA.