• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Can't buy parts for my Avenger

I bought an Avenger from PA, refurb. Life happened and didn't get around to shooting it for some time. I find it shoots 8 inches right and low. Working through the problems, it really seems to need a new barrel. I'm willing to pay for the barrel, but Air Venturi won't sell me any parts except a reseal kit.

The gun was $180 and they want me to send it in, pay $60 per hour service charge and pay for the barrel. With shipping that's gotta be $120+ on my end to fix a $180 gun. Seems like an inexpensive gun that is a tuner's delight would benefit from easy availability of parts, kind of like FX does. I can call and order whatever I want to replace from FX, but not from Air Venturi. Makes me wary of any Air Venturi product. Does everything have to go back for repairs even after it's out of warranty?

That's really limiting. I guess that new compressor I'm planning on won't be an Air Venturi, even though that was tops on my list, mostly because I don't like this kind of lack of service. Makes no sense to me.

Buy AV at your own risk, I learned the hard way.

Same thing goes for the kral gun's, only the parts that's listed on P.A.'s site can you get. Barrel, stock, poppet, oring kit, no valve, air tube from what I remember. Was told some time's they have spare parts from guns that they cannot sell that they take apart, so be aware if you tend to modify things, I found out the hard way. You are very LIMITED to what PARTS you can get from AIR VENTURI brand from what I've seen, so never again.

I tried emailing Air Venturi about parts and got no response. I knew they wouldn’t sell me the parts, so I haven’t bothered calling.

I also bought a refurb from PA. Mine has an obvious manufacture defect. My barrel has two bumps on the interior of the barrel from when they drilled the spots for the grub screws that hold the barrel on. After polishing the leade and removing the burrs in the transfer port, it gets 4inch groups at 100 yards. The regulator also had 11 washers instead of ten. I’m looking into getting a barrel blank machined to fit it.

I bought the gun thinking I was getting someone else’s problem gun that would be a project. I really can’t complain to much, it was only $180. I do have a better appreciation for Crosman’s parts availability and customer service.