Cancelled my PayPal account......yeah

I still use them but can understand why people drop them. I personally would not use them as a seller as I have done in the past. Seems there is little to no protection for a seller in many cases. I mainly use it to purchase games through Steam or use it when buying air gun ammo. Seems that everyone I purchase ammo from uses it. Other then that thats just about all I use it for.

Reactions: JDR and ThomasT
Wait till your PP account gets hacked! Mine did and they ran up $700 on it.
I caught it 5 minutes after it happened and reported it. Took them over a week to say......
No unusual activity. PAY US!
Blocked my bank account to stop them. So they sent Collectors after me.
I explained the problem to them and showed PROOF of returned funds from the places stuff was ordered from.
Haven't heard from anyone again. Don't even check that Thieving place no more!

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
I dumped PayPal a few years ago. At this point I have a Bluebird debit card I load to shop online. I dumped eBay about 6 months ago and I am considering dropping Amazon. I am not sure convince is worth the privacy you give up. Now the only place I am shopping online now is Krogers and an occasional airgun. Last week I ordered a gun from the Crosman Custom Shop. Perhaps it is because I am old but I like the idea of going back to checks and money orders. Of course I don't think it will be too popular.

My bank account is not connected to Paypal...only a credit card. Having had my credit card compromised several times over the last several years I use PayPal as a way to prevent that problem. I stopped using credit cards at restaurants, as well. There are simply too many low paid staff (dishwashers, bussers, night cleaning staff etc.) who are smart enough to access that information when the boss is not present, and post it for sale on the web. I have not had a compromised card, since. (Oh...fingers crossed.)

Last edited:
I dumped PayPal a few years ago. At this point I have a Bluebird debit card I load to shop online. I dumped eBay about 6 months ago and I am considering dropping Amazon. I am not sure convince is worth the privacy you give up. Now the only place I am shopping online now is Krogers and an occasional airgun. Last week I ordered a gun from the Crosman Custom Shop. Perhaps it is because I am old but I like the idea of going back to checks and money orders. Of course I don't think it will be too popular.

Boy how I remember the old days when I was a kid. I would put cash in an envelope that I saved from allowance and mowing neighbors yards and send it off to LL Bean for outdoors gear I couldn’t live without. Then sit and wait for UPS so my mother wouldn’t see what I bought.
Then LL Bean turns woke last year and I’m done with them. The woke list gets longer and longer. 😤😤

Reactions: Frostbite
I must say I find this entire thread somewhat amusing. Of course PayPal has issues. So does everything else, including sending cash in an envelope. Personally I take care with any payment system, but they sure are convenient, and in fact have less issues and are safer than the methods that were around 25 years ago. Whatever the shortcomings of PayPal are, and there are many, it beats sending a bag of cash off to a seller and hoping that (a) it gets there, (b) that the seller acknowledges that it got there, plus the normal (c) hope that the seller sends me to goods that I expected. It also beats sending a check, and waiting 4 weeks for it to clear (completely and beyond the time in which it could be rejected) before the seller will ship the goods.

I haven't had any major problems with PayPal and I certainly am not going to try and somehow move back to where we were in the last century. I still use Amazon, and I even (occasionally) use eBay. It is much more convenient for me to order online from Amazon rather than driving for 45 minutes to get to nearest mall, only to find out they either don't have what i am looking for, or want to charge me 25-40% more for it. If there is a shop local to me that carries the same item then I will support them, up to about a 10% higher price, since I value having them around. But 40%?

So, the great thing about this world (or at least America) is that one can choose to do things their way. If you want to go back to how you did things in the last century (which was 23 years ago at least) then have at it. For me, I will embrace the present and future as it unfolds, taking care as I do so to not be scammed by the armies of bad people who have always been out there.

Reactions: longdog
I must say I find this entire thread somewhat amusing. Of course PayPal has issues. So does everything else, including sending cash in an envelope. Personally I take care with any payment system, but they sure are convenient, and in fact have less issues and are safer than the methods that were around 25 years ago. Whatever the shortcomings of PayPal are, and there are many, it beats sending a bag of cash off to a seller and hoping that (a) it gets there, (b) that the seller acknowledges that it got there, plus the normal (c) hope that the seller sends me to goods that I expected. It also beats sending a check, and waiting 4 weeks for it to clear (completely and beyond the time in which it could be rejected) before the seller will ship the goods.

I haven't had any major problems with PayPal and I certainly am not going to try and somehow move back to where we were in the last century. I still use Amazon, and I even (occasionally) use eBay. It is much more convenient for me to order online from Amazon rather than driving for 45 minutes to get to nearest mall, only to find out they either don't have what i am looking for, or want to charge me 25-40% more for it. If there is a shop local to me that carries the same item then I will support them, up to about a 10% higher price, since I value having them around. But 40%?

So, the great thing about this world (or at least America) is that one can choose to do things their way. If you want to go back to how you did things in the last century (which was 23 years ago at least) then have at it. For me, I will embrace the present and future as it unfolds, taking care as I do so to not be scammed by the armies of bad people who have always been out there.
up to you for sure...but it does not take 4 weeks for a check to clear.