• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Cancelled my PayPal account......yeah

I'm a looooong time PayPal user, never a problem, and I worry about their strange policies. I really have been complacent, but want to know what to do.
What do you guys recommend? I looked into venmo, zelle and cash app, all are essentially paying with cash. Once done there is no recourse. PayPal is "supposed" to protect you, and that keeps some honest. What else is there other than just going full on money orders?

Reactions: ThomasT
Hello @Geezerhood

Well I talked to the Department Head at Square on the telephone and she read the exact wording that they DO INFACT ALLOW the sale of Air Soft and Air Guns. I will surely believe their written rules over any kind of hearsay.

ThomasT

Square is definitely anti gun - as in regular firearms. I don't like to deal with anti gun companies, so I personally would never use Square. Just scroll down to item 10 on this Square.com terms page to see their anti gun stance. Good to hear that they don't restrict airguns. That's good that you checked with the source.

In my original post I was just quoting their own website not quoting hearsay. My logical conclusion based on their own statements was that since quite a few airguns most surely are as the wording states on their site - "....weapons or other devices designed to cause physical harm" - they wouldn't allow Square merchants to sell them. I stand corrected.

Many ariguns are in fact designed to kill living things, not just harm them which sure does seem to go against their policy. I wonder if they allow Square merchants to sell hunting / combat knives? Hopefully someone else at Square won't say something different down the road, interpreting their written rules in another way from the person you spoke to. Being anti gun, it wouldn't surprise me if they did end up prohibiting airguns later. If they ever do interpret their policy to exclude airguns you can always get set up with a pro gun credit card merchant service like I mentioned previously.

Last edited:
I'm a looooong time PayPal user, never a problem, and I worry about their strange policies. I really have been complacent, but want to know what to do.
What do you guys recommend? I looked into venmo, zelle and cash app, all are essentially paying with cash. Once done there is no recourse. PayPal is "supposed" to protect you, and that keeps some honest. What else is there other than just going full on money orders?
I have gone strictly Money orders or personal checks,....no online payment companies for me.

I never heard of that method so I googled it. Here’s what I got.

Some unbiased reporting from the group whose mission is to call anything right of Mao Zedong a hate group. SPLC meets the very definition of a hate group.

I can't imagine someone setting up a non-censorship payment platform would come across as a threat to some of the people who donate to that organization.

Last edited:
I was a longtime customer of PayPal since I have been an ebay member for over 20 years. I fired them recently after they stole $18.56 on a clearly designated F&F transaction. They would not discuss the issue with me, but demanded the receiving party file an objection. Does anyone know which of the other available online payment services are owned by PayPal? I have heard they are buying them up.
Venmo. Same owners. They too, will send you a tax statement at the end of the year showing proceeds from sales as "taxable income ".

Reactions: rcs9250
Never allow a third party between you and your buyer/seller. Nothing good comes of it, just someone charging a fee for a service of no value. If a buyer or seller cannot find comfort in a transaction, look elsewhere. I'm speaking of personal transactions between individuals, not a business with a high sales volume.

Never allow a third party between you and your buyer/seller. Nothing good comes of it, just someone charging a fee for a service of no value. If a buyer or seller cannot find comfort in a transaction, look elsewhere. I'm speaking of personal transactions between individuals, not a business with a high sales volume.
Agree, only thing is that PayPal is very convinient otherwise, and maybe people will refuse to buy if the method of payment is limited to only money order or personal check,.....will see, I have a member willing to buy right now and I just let him know that once he said he was willing to send Paypal immedietely, lets see if I lose a sale because of it.

One time PP held my money for 31 days, for no reason. 31 days. i bet they used my money for some kinda business and made profit in that time.

Agree, only thing is that PayPal is very convinient otherwise, and maybe people will refuse to buy if the method of payment is limited to only money order or personal check,.....will see, I have a member willing to buy right now and I just let him know that once he said he was willing to send Paypal immedietely, lets see if I lose a sale because of it.
As I see it, if someone is unwilling to buy from me because I don't use Paypal, then for some reason he doesn't trust me. If that is the case, then we aren't a compatible pair for the transaction. I realize that I'm the contrarian on the issue, and I'm not saying that anyone is wrong in using a third party service, it's just not for me. I'm old and just like things simple.

Paypal, the woke police, has been erased from my dealings for quite some time. I just can't understand why businesses get involved in social/political issues. We only deal in sales and purchases of legal products. Send the snowflakes back to their universities.
Hello @jps2486 ,

:) (y)(y)(y)

ThomasT

Paypal, the woke police, has been erased from my dealings for quite some time. I just can't understand why businesses get involved in social/political issues. We only deal in sales and purchases of legal products. Send the snowflakes back to their universities.
Paypal can assess a $3,000 fine for saying something negative about them. So I’ve read. Be careful.
I ❤️ PP. ;)

Reactions: Frostbite