• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Cancelled my PayPal account......yeah

Hello everyone,

I have cancelled my PayPal account and free of that mess now. I have had just way too many problems with them over the years and decided to find a much easier and better way to do my little bit of personal selling. So I have built a new website and just today got my ecommerce working to accept credit cards and over time will get more of my personal air gun items listed on the site. I chose Square / POS for my ecommerce because they allow the sale of air gun, air soft and related equipment and this will eliminate any and all sales concerns.

For anyone interested here is a link: http://www.uncletomsplace.net

Thanks and have a great day,
ThomasT

I was a longtime customer of PayPal since I have been an ebay member for over 20 years. I fired them recently after they stole $18.56 on a clearly designated F&F transaction. They would not discuss the issue with me, but demanded the receiving party file an objection. Does anyone know which of the other available online payment services are owned by PayPal? I have heard they are buying them up.

other available online payment services are owned by PayPal?
I checked with the Google:
"Stocks of payment services like PayPal, which owns Venmo, and Block, which owns Cash App, boomed in 2020 as more people began sending money digitally."

I personally have been using PP for several years and have had no issues so far......knock on wood....

Last edited:
Reactions: Wauzoo and ChRiSiS
so, Pay Pal is it BAD NO it is a tool to move money from buyers to sellers and for those who have problem that is too bad but Pay Pal has saved my bacon more than once
and if you use a credit card file with them your dispute and that forces PP to give your money back
i am a 20-year Ebayer and use PP all the time
i see a seller that uses PP outside of Ebay and my life just got easier
for a seller to offer a PP transfer FF on a auction site or here make the buyers life easy and will get more action for the seller because MO at the PO take cash

Reactions: ChRiSiS
so, Pay Pal is it BAD NO it is a tool to move money from buyers to sellers and for those who have problem that is too bad but Pay Pal has saved my bacon more than once
and if you use a credit card file with them your dispute and that forces PP to give your money back
for a seller to offer a PP transfer FF on a auction site or here make the buyers life easy and will get more action for the seller because MO at the PO take cash

PP has a long history of banning users and holding their money hostage. They see it as their role to impose right-think upon society and push the envelope in terms of financial censorship.

If your business is 100% politically correct and non-controversial you'll be fine.

I also still use PP admittedly, because I use Ebay and it's a convenient way to accept occasional payments on the marketplace here. But I would use something like Authorize.net (or maybe Gab.com 100% censorship free payment service) operating as an actual business. Never keep money stored in a PayPal account! They make up their own rules at their own discretion.

Reactions: baranjhn
For anything that you don't want to write off as a loss, be sure that you only ship to the actual billing address on the credit card, delivered to and signed for by the actual person whos name is on the credit card and be prepared for chargebacks from your buyers without your OK even if you do all the previous stuff. The credit card companies only protect the buyer.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news - Square is essentially the same as PayPal when it comes to things that launch projectiles and does not allow selling the following as shown on their terms page:

Except where prohibited by law, you may not, nor may you permit any third party, directly or indirectly, to:
10. use the Services for the sale of firearms, firearm parts, ammunition, weapons or other devices designed to cause physical harm;

EDIT - Apparently they do allow selling airguns per ThomasT's post further down.

You may want to look for a "gun" and "weapon" friendly credit card merchant service.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: ThomasT
I got burned by a phony website selling air guns pay pal didn’t wanna know nothin. Airgunus.com or several variations of that name.

Reactions: ThomasT
I know I piss some folks off when I post items in classifieds and only except USPS Money Order or personal checks. Several people comment that they don’t even have checking accounts.
Those electronic services for money are paving the way for digital (govt) currency.

For anything that you don't want to write off as a loss, be sure that you only ship to the actual billing address on the credit card, delivered to and signed for by the actual person whos name is on the credit card and be prepared for chargebacks from your buyers without your OK even if you do all the previous stuff. The credit card companies only protect the buyer.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news - Square is essentially the same as PayPal when it comes to things that launch projectiles and does not allow selling the following:

Except where prohibited by law, you may not, nor may you permit any third party, directly or indirectly, to:
10. use the Services for the sale of firearms, firearm parts, ammunition, weapons or other devices designed to cause physical harm;

You may want to look for a "gun" and "weapon" friendly credit card merchant service.
Hello @Geezerhood

Well I talked to the Department Head at Square on the telephone and she read the exact wording that they DO INFACT ALLOW the sale of Air Soft and Air Guns. I will surely believe their written rules over any kind of hearsay.

ThomasT

Reactions: rcs9250
Gab payment processor if you don't want any problems at all.
I never heard of that method so I googled it. Here’s what I got.

Clearly you’ve never had PayPal lock your account for no reason, give no explanation, and require you to submit unacceptably detailed identity documents** to have them unlock it. As I did. I have not used PayPal since then.

** they wanted a copy of multiple personal documents to prove my identity to them, however I’d be an idiot to put my entire digital identity out there online in one place.